“Airport location is very poor”

Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking - Grand Avenue
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking - Grand Avenue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #405 of 923 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Victoria
Description: Bonfire, a fun neighborhood restaurant and bar where friends and family gather to share food with bold flavors prepared on our wood fire grills. We are proud to be an independent and family owned company based in Minnesota, serving the community since 1996.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This review is for the MSP airport location, which is not listed separately on TripAdvisor. We stopped off for a quick meal on Sunday morning, and were very disappointed. The menu looked good, and the location is cosy, but the service was very slow (not a good thing at an airport!), the food was average and the coffee was terrible. I had to stop off at Caribou Coffee afterwards to get some real coffee and get the Bonfire coffee taste out of my mouth. I had the garden omelet, which was OK. I had better, and I've had worse. The toast that came with it was cold, but the hash browns were nice and creamy. Overall, it wasn't a great experience.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Really great happy hour prices on drinks and appetizers. Service is decent and the appetizers always hit the spot. Also a popular place on weekends for dinner and drinks.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Go into Axels on Saturday night for the food, then stay for the band! They always have pretty good music. I must say that i miss the dueling pianos that was a fixture there for a long time........... wish they would bring that back, but the band we saw was still pretty good! I would highly recommend! Good Martini's too!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We dined with a large group at Axel's and found the food only average with above average prices. The staff is friendly and the service is good. The atmosphere is nice and comfortable. If you are looking for great food I would explore other options.

1  Thank MemoryCamera
Reviewed September 17, 2012

All I wanted to do was try a new place that had great carrot cake. This place overly surprised me with the largest piece I
Of carrot cake for dessert. The food at this place was great including the Starks and salads. Service was up to standard and plenty of sitting for large or small groups. Back to the cake: it was moist, tastes, large, well presented and above all grea! There something about carrot cake. Either you kilevit a lotvorvyou could get by without. Me I'm addicted. The restaurant is very well located downtown so taking in some of the attractions and sights will build up your appetite. I will return!