“Carrot cake my downfall”

Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking - Grand Avenue
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking - Grand Avenue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #300 of 902 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Victoria
Description: Bonfire, a fun neighborhood restaurant and bar where friends and family gather to share food with bold flavors prepared on our wood fire grills. We are proud to be an independent and family owned company based in Minnesota, serving the community since 1996.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

All I wanted to do was try a new place that had great carrot cake. This place overly surprised me with the largest piece I
Of carrot cake for dessert. The food at this place was great including the Starks and salads. Service was up to standard and plenty of sitting for large or small groups. Back to the cake: it was moist, tastes, large, well presented and above all grea! There something about carrot cake. Either you kilevit a lotvorvyou could get by without. Me I'm addicted. The restaurant is very well located downtown so taking in some of the attractions and sights will build up your appetite. I will return!

There are newer reviews for Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking - Grand Avenue

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We've been to Axel's Bonfire on Grand perhaps six times in the last six months. Two of those visits were large gatherings we set up (30+ guests) and the rest were casual meals we had with friends. Atmosphere is cozy, service is always top-notch, food is consistently excellent, and an overall excellent value for the money. We worked with the management on the larger gatherings and they really took the worry out of planning - responsive and easy to work with, they paid attention to the details and executed flawlessly. On all our visits the waitstaff has been personable and efficient. We always leave feeling better than when we arrived, and I'm sure you will, too.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Can't find the name of that location, but I just have to say the Flatbread pizza is so good! I even packed the leftover pieces and ate them on our 4 hour flight to Vancouver!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wandering around Grand Ave. with friend I am visiting looking for a place to eat. We see Axel's and went in. Seated us at a high table near the windows which was good. Menu looks pretty good, heavy on the southwest. I had the chicken lettuce wraps from the appetizer section and they were fantastic. Just the right amount of heat and spice. My friend had the southwest tacos and ate every scrap, she said the beans and rice were the best she ever had anywhere. Prices were great, our server was perfect. Axel's is a good place, could accomadate large groups, the bar is huge too.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was visiting the Twin Cities on weekend of July 15 and went to Bonfire on Grand Ave.....with 13 family members. The restaurant is open with mostly table sitting. It was not stuffy. It was not noisy there, but if you are looking for a quiet restaurant, this is probably not going to be one you like. I prefer a little murmur......and that is what there was. The waiter was very friendly and courteous and did a good job. Main dishes started were priced between $14 and $30. But, you get great serving sizes for the money. I had the walleye tacos and they were fabulous.