“Best Kung Pao Chicken I've ever had”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Princess Garden Restaurant
Ranked #557 of 1,028 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in all of the Twin Cities. It changed owners about 2 years ago now, and they kept the same Kung Pao chicken recipe that made this place famous for years. I'd like to try more of the offerings to see what the rest of the menu is like, but the Kung Pao is just so good I can't bring myself to order anything else.

Date of visit: October 2013

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We get take out from here regularly, it's our go to delivery place as well. We've fed it to several friends who now request it. So yummy and not overwhelmed with sauces. Fresh vegetables and they make everything themselves. Try the calamari and mandarin lo mein for sure!

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went to this place cause I had a coupon and was trying to find a Chinese place that had decent beef lo mein. The prices were adequate, but I was definitely NOT impressed with the lo mein or any of the food. It was very bland. Even the cream cheese puffs were not very good. I also ordered an egg roll which was very tasteless. The worst of it all came that night. I was awoken from a deep sleep with terrible stomach pains. Once I realized that I would not be falling back to sleep any time soon, I ran to the bathroom! The next two hours were NOT fun. After my bowels had been completely evacuated, I had little time to get ready for work that day. I barely made it into the office when the pains started again. Thank you Princess Garden for a torturous night and an embarrassing moment at the office.Thinking back on it now, I should have probably called the health department. Not sure if I had food poisoning or what, but I highly advise people to avoid this place.

Date of visit: August 2012
1  Thank HonestWon
Reviewed April 18, 2012

All the variety of dishes and ample portions. This better than it looks location is a treasure. If you like your Asian Hot this is the place to go for oral flame out.

Date of visit: January 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 1, 2008

Cash only, unless (like my friend) you've been going there for 20 years.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook