“not a good experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 35e
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a limited amount of time but this restaurant managed to do two things wrong. First their tomato-based sauces were way too peppery and second they way undercooked the lamb chops my wife ordered. The service however was excellent and if the food had been better it would have been a very good experience.

There are newer reviews for Osteria I Nonni

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Date night event prior to going to downtown St. Paul for a play. I had an antipasti plate and we shared some calimari. We had some scallops, the fish special (salmon). A few cocktails to start, then a bottle of wine. We got a nice bottle of Italian red for about $30. Finished off with Figgy Pudding. Not italian, but very good. And a grappa. So few places carry grappa, to me it's not an italian restaurant if they don't have it. Service was exemplary. I sat in a booth with a view of the fireplace. Not sure what the view is because it was dark, but I imagined it was the river below us. (Could have been an apartment building, who cares. Worked for me!)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

this is an excellent restaurant for italian food. my husband and i frequent often and love having something small or large. we enjoy the bar atmosphere and the staff couldn't be better. well worth the visit.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is the best restaurant in the Twin Cities. We have dined here several times and we can never resist ordering the tasting menu. Seafood stew is the best that i have EVER had. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hard pressed to call this Italian food. It was not warm when it arrived at the table, It was hard tohave a private conversation facing out to the middle of the room on those bench seats.

1  Thank Joelle K