“Good food”

Ranked #140 of 934 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Bus stop close to building
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We ate at the Chianti Grill three years in a row. We had lunch and it was a great value. The food was very good. My family had meals and I had the buffet. The dishes were very tasty and well prepared. The portion size was worth the money. The atmosphere was great, very expensive looking. At first we almost did not stay because we thought the food prices would be very high from the impression the high ceilings, wood trim and lights gave us. But it didn't affect the price. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would go back and plan on it next summer.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been to Chianti Grill for both lunch and dinner. Neither has inspired me to want to return. The food is simple italian offerings that taste as if microwaved in the kitchen. The portions are reasonably sized, but the taste of the food is bland and unsatisfying. The wait service is average. The prices points are in the upper-$$ to low-$$$ range, which is way to expensive for what you get. The seating and ambiance are the most positive aspects of the restaurant ... it is quite pleasant to sit in this restaurant and converse with your fellow diners. The ambiance saves this restaurant from being below average in my review. Given my decided dislike for this restaurant one may wonder why I continue to return. The simple answer is that I have friends and business acquiantances who like this restaurant. For me, its not worth a return visit.

3  Thank STP1606
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I met a friend after work on a Friday and we sat in the bar and shared walleye fingers and Mediterranean flat bread. Both appetizers were delicious. For a light dinner I ordered the salmon and spinach salad. It has fabulous. The salmon was warm and melted in my mouth and the light dressing on the spinach was delectable. Wine choices were plentiful. It was a good way to kick off the weekend.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

great parking
very good food
great selection
very good service
very reasonable prices
excellent VALUE overall

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I went to the Chianti Grill for Dinner with clients. The Walleye Fingers were awesome and the Caesar salad was good too. I ordered the filet with garlic mashed potatoes. The 8oz filet looked a bit small and was just average. I asked for medium but it was well done. I looked at it when it arrived and thought "beef tip". It really looked that small. Everything else was good includind the Surley Paile Ale.

Been to Chianti Grill? Share your experiences!