“This restaurant has fabulous food, great service and fantastic oysters, both in selection and quality.”
Review of Meritage

Meritage
Ranked #9 of 901 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is like a French bistro and the food is haute cuisine. It is imaginative and beautifully plated as well as scrumptious. Lamb, duckling, sturgeon.... All great.

There are newer reviews for Meritage

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love this place. Food is consistently good. We went to a wine tasting lunch and was very very good the pairings and the food!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is my restaurant of choice for lunch in downtown Saint Paul ... great selection ... excellent food ... friendly staff ... and at lunch, the prices are fairly reasonable for a beautiful meal. Love this place.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Meritage is consistently great, even if you aren't a fan of mussels and oysters. Excellent food, and quite possibly the best French fries in the city, accompanied with an excellent wine list and outstanding service make Meritage the best fine-dining restaurant in downtown St. Paul.

Our server last Saturday night was excellent, with spot-on recommendations, and hooking us up with an excellent bottle of wine at the lower price point of the bottle it was replacing on the winelist.

In addition to the aforementioned fries, the highlight of the meal was the Saturday Plat du Jour braised short-ribs, which were melt-in-your-mouth delicious and came with perfectly prepared whipped potatoes.

The ambience is cozy and welcoming, especially on a cold winter night. I actually prefer sitting in the bar area, but the dining room is very nice, too.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I'll start with the environment. A romantic paradise! I have just moved to Minnesota and have been sick for travel, without the money for a new trip. Going to the Meritage made me feel like i wasn't in Minnesota anymore. I was truly grateful for this oasis, and left feeling like I had just come off of a romantic vacation. I thank the staff from the very bottom of my heart!
*As a side note, the menu available through trip advisor is out of date, so i wouldn't rely on it.

Now to the review… I had the oysters Meritage and escargot for an introduction. Both were among the best i've ever had; rich and complex in flavor. My wife had Braised Pork Shoulder with parsnip, winter greens and mushroom ganache. The pork damn-near melted in your mouth, and the many flavors that accompanied it were delightful! I had Cardamom Glazed Breast of Duck with winter fruits, celery root, cabbage, Pomegranate, pomme dauphine, and sauce madeira. The duck was crispy on the outside and cooked to perfection on the inside. The accompanying flavors sharpened my palate and made me appreciate the duck even more. Aside from the taste, which was delicious, the food was artistically prepared and placed with care. I went here for valentines day, and my wife and I agreed it was a great decision. Don't miss out on this Saint Paul gem!

Been to Meritage? Share your experiences!