“High Merits”

Meritage
Ranked #6 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edina, Minnesota
“High Merits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

A terrific dinner and dining experience, whether for couples, friends, business, whatever. We shared a variety of oysters, escargot, and barbajuans -- all were excellent. Also shared a variety of main courses, including the duck, sturgeon, chicken and pork shoulder. All were very good, but the duck in particular was superb. Service is top-notch, and our waiter was very knowledgable on everything on the menu and wine list. Huge wine list and nice explanations of the various regions. It is pricey, but for a special occasion, an important client or even an evening with friends you haven't seen for a while, it's worth it.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cannon Falls, Minnesota
“Venison on the deer hunting opener”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went with another couple for dinner, sitting in the bar area. The atmosphere was like that of Parisian bistros we have been to. Service was good and the waitress friendly. After Sezeracs and oysters, I ordered the venison, as it was the first day of deer season. It was farm raised versus wild, but very tasty and not gamy at all. We enjoyed itand will return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Brian M
Rochester, Minnesota
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I took my mother here to splurge on her. I love this resturaunt. The chicken is amazing with the flavor and the potatoes. My mom had tried the lamb. If you like your meet well done make sure you say something cause she was not asked and then it came to her half rare, i was nervous for her but she was able to eat majority of the four slices of meat she was served. But the chicken I can't say enough about.

Visited September 2013
Woodbury, Minnesota
“For a special evening it's Meritage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We read the reviews and went with the seafood. My wife wanted a special place to celebrate our anniversary and Meritage delivered. My wife order the scallops with roasted cauliflower served with an almond, and grape puree. The scallops were perfect, as delicious as we have ever tasted. My roasted Long Island Monkfish was fresh, light, and an absolute treat served upon a base of fennel, peppers, fingerling potatoes, and leeks. Prior to the entrees we spilt a summer vegetable panzannella salad. The summer vegetables were fresh, crisp, and exquisite with the light cover of a red wine vinaigrette. I wish we had ordered a side of the pommes frittes and hollandaise sauce. We have heard that they are among the best in town. Instead, we focused on health consciousness and went with a side of sautéed spinach with garlic and shallots. Next time I will skip the spinach and go for the fries! A delicious chocolate mousse compensated for the spinach and we walked out very happy campers. From Peter our waiter to the other wait staff who were regularly present to refill water glasses or bread plates, the service was superb. A variety of American and European expensive wines are available but I was pleased with the house wine, a white blend that was perfect with the seafood. The sound level is loud but the atmosphere is intimate. Our entrees were $28 to $30 dollars. The salads, side dishes, and desserts $8 to $10. On an evening which is a special occasion or one which is shared with special friends, Meritage is a great restaurant to consider.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Raymond1288
Somerville, MA
“Best Eggs Benedict ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I absolutely love Eggs Benedict (EB). But usually the hollandaise sauce is not lemony enough for me. Meritage has the best EB I have ever tasted. This is a difficult dish to create but they have it down. Eggs tasted as if they had just been gathered up from a hen house in the back: rich yellow yolks, eggs poached to perfection, with the perfect sauce. I would come back to the Twin Cities just for this meal.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Meritage? Share your experiences!