“My wife wanted us to expreiance this place.”

Punch Neapolitan Pizza - Grand Ave.
Ranked #26 of 908 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife had been there about a year or two ago and wanted my daughter and I to try it. It was good. Horrible to find a place to park around there but that was the only draw back. Pizza was excellent (although no match for Shakespeare's in Columbia, MO in my opinion). House salad was great and the pizza was good too. Very busy and hard to find a seat but food was good.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My family and I dine at Punch at least 3 times a month. The pizza is fantasic, and a welcome alternative to the typical pizzeria. Punch's Neapolitan-style pizza is thin, flavorful and seasoned to perfection. The service is fast and the atmosphere is casual and pleasant. Salads are fresh and sizable. I am partial to the Bruni, which is sausage, salami, onion and oregano. My wife favors the Margherita. Each pizza is as good as the last, and the taste never gets old. One of my all-time favorites!

1  Thank STP1606
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We go to MSP several times a year. Every time includes a visit to Punch Pizza. We love the wood fired pizza and the fresh ingredients. The restaurant used to give a military discount. It no longer does, but we still visit~ just probably don't eat as much which is good. My first pizza was a little too charred on the bottom, but they immediately made a fresh, new one and brought it out. They asked if we'd like anything free (dessert or drink). We declined but appreciated the service.

1  Thank E S
Reviewed July 3, 2013

In a small strip mall you wouldn't think you would find such good pizza. We were heading to the MSP airport and had decided to stop for pizza but the requirements from our "Pizza & Beer Snob" companion was that it had to be great. Great it was!

The restaurant is small but has inside & outside dining. We started off with the Rocket Salad which featured fresh chopped grape tomato and mozzarella on a bed of arugula. It was very tasty. To our beer drinking friend, Punch offered a good selection of craft beers that were listed on a board. He sampled two different beers and liked them both.

The pizzas are served individually and you can create your own if the menu doesn't tempt you otherwise. I had the classic Margherita with fresh basil. It was delicious and I had no problem eating every bite. My husband & our friend had the Toscano which featured sausage, roasted red peppers, and basil. Both said it was some of the best sausage they have ever tasted on a pizza.

Punch says it is one of a few pizzerias outside of Naples, Italy to be a member of Vera Pizza Napoletana, an organization dedicated to regulating the authenticity of Neapolitan pizza.

Service was good and friendly. Atmosphere light and casual. Would recommend and would definitely stop back by if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We love good wood fired pizza and have had some great ones, in many cities, in a few different countries, including Italy. I ordered the Margherita, my husband ordered Tuscan (?) with sausage and red peppers. They came out quickly. but were both really soggy on the bottom and so charred that parts werre inedible. I actually like a little char, but this was like eating charcoal. (ok, so I've never really eaten charcoal), but it was not good. They tasted just OK, there was not really much flavor. They would be at the bottom of our list as far as wood fired pizzas go. We would not return.