“Maybe a little expensive”

Izzy's Ice Cream Cafe
Ranked #3 of 29 Dessert in Saint Paul
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The ice cream here is simply delicious. Homemade, they have 100s of different flavors, all very good. The only setback is that it is very expensive. If you want to get a waffle cone with three scoops, it's super expensive. Being in my neighborhood, it's nice to go to to get a treat every once in a while.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Izzy's is a cute ice cream cafe and has a long line in the summertime. They have an excellent selection of flavors. If you are unable to decide which to get, don't worry! You are given an "izzy" (a tiny scoop of a different flavor) with any order. This is such a neat idea, and it makes the narrowing down of flavors much easier.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Flavor selection is awesome. I had this sample where I was able to pick 5 or 6 flavors and get a mini scoop of their many tantalizing flavors. Even though it was 3 degrees out side, their flavors still warmed my heart!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love ice cream and we stopped in here and it was below zero outside. Can't pass up a world famous ice cream joint. Anyways, got the banana foster and several other flavors. The banana foster is by far the best flavor they have...hands down. The salted Carmel that they rave over is entirely too salty. You are taking away from the amazing Carmel flavor. But stick with the banana foster...true winner there!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I admit I live dangerously close to Izzy's ice cream which is why I decided to write a review and share the love. The folks at Izzy's are dedicated to real ingredients and make their ice cream in small batches. They have a neighborhood contest every year to help them create a new flavor, so there are some old standbys as well as marvelous new tastes for your buds. I've traveled the world and have had ice cream from little stands in India to gourmet sorbets in NYC. Besides some of the amazing ice creams I've had in Mexico and Wisconsin, I think Izzy's is about the best there is. I also love that it is in Minnesota which is a fly-over state. Not too many people have come to know MN as a foodie destination that it is. We have the best coffee shops outside of Seattle and the best food trucks out of NYC. Why am I telling people this? I really don't know cause I don't want to make the lines any longer. However I do have to share my love of Izzy's.