“Fancier Chinese eatery”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice and chic place to eat. Food and service is really wonderful! Price is a bit higher than the standard price but you are paying for the nice surrounding.

1  Thank Foodlovingmama

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I love spicy food.... I love exploring the distinct varieties of Chinese cuisine, and this place isn't just called "Szechuan". It really is Szechuan, with it's strong peppery, numbing flavors. I had the Mala Chicken which is my favorite from restaurants in other cities, and I was surprised how good this place was. The tea tree mushrooms, were super earthy (something I love) and the bamboo tips in chili sauce were fantastic. My wife and I went there with her cousin who has a gluten allergy, and they have many choices that were available. I'm glad my wife has family in Minneapolis, so I can return to this restaurant!

1  Thank RJ R
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Whenever I am in the Minneapolis area my wife and family are sure to have a meal here. We order vegetarian and vegan plates and they are delicious. Be sure to order the pea tips if they are available. Pressed spicy tofu and peanuts, Szechuan french fries and crispy fried tofu and my favorites. I will be back in a few months and look forward to going there. Service is friendly and efficient and prices age good.

1  Thank jarjo
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Actually visited the West End location in St. Louis Park, but I can't find them on Trip Advisor. Living in a pretty cosmopolitan city for restaurants, but having a tough time finding good Chinese, I thought Little Szechuan was pretty good. A lot of variety on the menu and the appetizers were solid. Not cheap, but pretty good.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Okay let me first say, this is my first really bad review. But I believe honesty is the best policy!

Spent $30+ dollars and all I can say is no one finished their meals and didn't bother to bring the leftovers. There was nothing, I mean NOTHING authentic about this food. It was definitely Americanized and very bland food.
Fried rice anyone? I can make a good Chinese fried rice, and this tasted like rice with a little and I preface "little" soy sauce and a few vegetables.

We had the sesame chicken, I have had sesame chicken at many places and this was the worst, it was bright orange- strange, normally it is red and tasteless. After a few bites we were done.

The most weirdest thing ever was the "egg soup" I was open to try something new, but uh, no!

Definitely wont visit this place again.