“Hidden Hollow!”
Review of Swede Hollow Cafe

Swede Hollow Cafe
Ranked #118 of 934 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Ok, it's not really hidden....it sits right on on E 7th St., but we had never ventured to that side of St Paul to eat there before. That has been our loss, because it was delicious. We had the Breakfast Croissant, which was served piping hot and large enough to feel full afterwards. The coffee was very good, but served in the large white ceramic cups, went cold a bit sooner than I cared for. The only downside, was that it is too small. It's 'cafe cute', but very tight. We went at 10am on Friday morning and it was packed. Nevertheless, I can't wait to go again and try something else!

2  Thank SuzyQ5

Reviewed March 28, 2013

A St Paul standard, Swede Hollow is a great breakfast and lunch cafe on the east side. Famous for their cinnamon and carmel rolls. You just have to have one. Saturday morning they are packed but it's worth the wait. The homemade quiche is always tasty. They change so it's hard to talk about one in particular. They are all good. Wes and his team really put their personal touch on everything. You just feel at home. We get breakfast to take out. If you have not been you have to go. The hot chocolate is great and the coffee is wonderful Counting calories? Try the skinny mocha. Ok and have them put the chocolate stick in there and forget the calorie counting.

It's a foodie bucket list stop.

1  Thank Burgess H
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are both St.Paul born and raised and I just discovered this place a few months ago! Great coffee, the foam is perfect even with a skim drink which is difficult. Staff is friendly and welcoming I have tried the biscotti, cookies , and beans by the pound. I would recommend all. I love good coffee and I don't mean add 10 lbs of sugar coffee. If you like a little sweetness try the Cubano.

1  Thank travelingfamily1767
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Swede Hollow Cafe has the absolute best carmel rolls around! They are loaded with buttery carmel and lots of pecans. While one's heart could probably not handle them every day, these carmel rolls are a treat not to be missed. They go fast, but you can call the day before, place an order and they will be ready for pickup.

2  Thank 2TravelersMn
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Swede Hollow Cafe is the perfect place to meet a friend for breakfast on a Saturday morning. The cafe presents about 5 choices of stratas, quiches & bakes each Saturday and after you choose one you can choose a side of fresh fruit, parfaits, bread pudding or similar. It is a little spendy at $10 without beverage but no doubt the quality was there so I didn't mind paying more than I usually do for breakfast. The featured items are in a showcase so there is no surprise what you are getting. Not only did my quiche come with a side (a very large cup of fresh cut fruit) but also the most delicous homemade buttermilk biscuit! The lattes are served in large ceramic mugs and the atmosphere of the small seating are is casual and bright. I loved the outdoor seat area and garden which was larger than it looked at first glance. I only wish this cafe was located in my own neighborhood - I would go there every weekend!