“Friendly, comfortable place with great food.”

Shish Mediterranean Grill & Cafe
Ranked #52 of 927 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast. Inventive middle eastern options along with old favorites. Great coffee. Service is fast. Homemade sausages are wonderful. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Cool atmosphere, lots of college kids and professors meet here. Order at the counter and someone from there great staff will bring the food to you. My kids and I really like to share the Shish Taouk but there are so many great dishes it's a cant lose kind of place.
Best to come in before or after peak hours...it can be hard to find a table at times.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very laid back place next Mac College (Liberal Arts) so it has a great young vibe. Shish has really excellent food. Turkish coffee is Excellent, great breakfast, hummus, dessert, salads.... We don't eat much meat so we appreciate the non meat options....although the meat dishes I have had we're very good. It is a serve yourself for water, silverware and napkins. The service has always been really friendly. There is seating outside, inside and in the back room. Quaint place with some cool pictures on the wall for the world travelers. See if fyou can guess the skylines!

Only side is that it can get very busy during meal times which is no surprise because Shish rocks! I lived in Saint Paul for several years and didn't even know about the jewel. I wish I would have known about it sooner!

1  Thank Perry L
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I go to Shish at least once a month for their excellent mediterranean food! I have never ordered something I didn't enjoy. The gyro and the sweet potato fries are my favs!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Wish I would have eaten the food! Great atmosphere too! So close to campus for visiting families! Offer was excellent. Food looked and smelled great! Next time I will have to try more than just coffee!