“great variety......local, fresh... organic”

Trotter's Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #6 of 15 Bakeries in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“great variety......local, fresh... organic”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I've been here a few times. Its the typical small cafe style - order at the counter, pay, and they bring your order to your table. You bus your own table when your finished, but hey, then you don't have to leave a tip, right!?

They have good variety of sandwiches, wraps, soups, and salads. Specialty coffees, Plus desserts as well. The also offer at least one type of pizza, and a couple entrees (for example 2 pasta dishes) the last time I was there.

I like that they have gluten free options, and their rolls were pretty good. My kids lliked their soup/sandwiches, and my spouse ordered a sandwich which he thought tasted OK but "too healthy." By the time we ordered fresh lemonades and a coffee it was more expensive then I would normally spend on lunch. But the food was good, and fresh. I would go there again when I'm in the area. Only downside is parking. Try the side streets.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank love2travel1357

Minnesota
“Nice place, average food, high prices”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I'll give the benefit of the doubt as my husband loved his sandwhich and he hates sandwhiches, but my daughter and I had tuna and it was horrible. plain white bread, dry tuna with nothing in it- tasted like tuna straight out of the can with a bit of mayo. and some chips on the side. I could do that at home for what, $1.50? Yet I paid $8.50! ouch.
The service was excellent in that the people were amazingly friendly, there was live music that was awesome. and I gave the food an 'average' rating instead of poor because my husband loved his sandwhich and we did have great dessert- their brownies are wonderful. All was not lost. Will I go back? Probably not, but I may send the Mr. back for brownies.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Awesome food and all natural/organic, but high prices for the portion size.”
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Awesome food and all natural/organic, but high prices for the portion size.

1 Thank fidgiegirl
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great, healthy food in the neighborhood. An alternative type of cafe and bakery. Small, but fun atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 30, 2009

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Fresh and simple. The kids really enjoyed their sandwiches. They make their own bread there so the sandwiches taste...”
Reviewed September 7, 2008

Fresh and simple. The kids really enjoyed their sandwiches. They make their own bread there so the sandwiches taste extra-homey. We have to say we enjoyed the quiet versus taking the kids to say St. Clair Broiler where it's super noisy... and greasy.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook