“Great food in a dodgy, hard to park area.”

Taqueria Los Paisanos
Ranked #351 of 911 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I love the good here, especially the tacos with shredded beef. The corn tortillas are perfect and the beef flavorful. The house red sauce on the table had just the right spice for me. We split nachos and they were fine. Loaded with toppings, including the shredded beef, but melted "cheese" and squirt on sour cream (which I asked not to have). Prices are cheap, staff is friendly. The parking lot is oddly shaped and not well marked so quite possible to get parked in. Stray too far off 7th and Arcade and the area gets dicey. Still, an Eastside favorite whenever I'm here.

Thank MKBSt.Paul

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I eat here at least monthly. It's convenient to get to and their prices are very affordable. Love anything with their chorizo or the carnitas. Tonight was a special, tostadas with a spicy pulled chicken. I wish I would have order more of them. Fantastic! This place is definitely worth trying, especially if your taste for Mexican food has graduated from Taco Bell.

2  Thank EZonMaria
Reviewed August 4, 2009

AUTHENTIC mexican food...reasonably priced. Please walk around this neighborhood with someone and/or with pepperspray and preferably during the day.

2  Thank chroy
Reviewed January 7, 2008

I have eaten at Taqueria Los Paisanos about 20 times. I have never had anything that wasn't outstanding. The service is fast and friendly, the food is very tasty and the prices are pretty good. It is a great spot for a quick, delicious lunch. I will continue to eat there regularly.

1  Thank BigEats
Reviewed October 10, 2007

This is a great restaurant if you like authentic Mexican food. I ordered tacos de lengua y pollo (tongue and chicken). They were fabulous, served with fresh lime, guacamole and salsa. This food reminds me of what my hispanic neighbors serve me when I stop by. It's also a great place to practice your Spanish and has a friendly environment.

Another plus is they do have off-street parking.

buen provecho!