“Favorite place in Saint Paul”
Review of Happy Gnome

Happy Gnome
Reserve with OpenTable
Happy Gnome is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 934 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Selby and MacKubin
Transit: The 21 drops off right in front.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place is a must-go! For craft beer hounds, you can't beat the Gnome's selection and devotion to promoting local/craft brewing. Food is some of the best I've had anywhere and the best I've eaten in the Twin Cities, so far. The only downside is that it can get pretty crowded with long table waits, so try and make reservations ahead of time. Love, love Happy Gnome.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Everything about this restaurant is first rate. Wonderful vegetable pizza with barbecue sauce, fantastic gnocchi. So glad we visited and we will be back.

1  Thank notveryportable
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have no idea why they call this restaurant this but I guess it works! We sat on there patio, it was a lovely night out. And ordered from the eclectic offerings on the menu! STRUCK gold with the home made Pretzels! Melt in your mouth goodness, with a very nice cheese fondue dip! The Lobster roll was a lobster and shrimp filled nice size sandwich. It was spicy though, and also a little watery.
The only thing a little weird was the configuration of the patio tables, they were awkwardly placed and table were way to close to each other.

1  Thank lori730
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went here for dinner on a Tuesday night. We made a reservation, but didn't need one since we ate so early (5:30pm). There We had an appetizer and The Game Burger. The burger was fantastic, I think it had bacon on top. There were tons of beer choices too. The server was very knowledgeable about their beer selection and was very helpful. Overall a great experience!

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is fun, the porch seating is nice, the beer selection is excellent, and the food is pretty good to boot. None of this matters though if you can't get service. I tried twice with my wife to eat and drink here, both times we sat at a table for 20+ minutes without being helped even after reminding staff that walked by that we existed. Both times we got fed up and left in search of greener pastures.

However, a 3rd time I went back to meet some friends I am pleased to say was a different experience - we were waited on once we had been sat (it was slow service but it was a busy night too), I love a good beer list and my burger was excellent.

I'd give it one more shot before writing the place off for good, I hope your experience is better than mine.

1  Thank Menotis