“RIP OFF!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“RIP OFF!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

So back in September I bought a coupon for 1/2 price food, ($15.00 value for $7.50) only to find out that, unlike a typical DQ that serves food throughout the winter months, they close for the winter, and my coupon expires in February 2012!! I have two words to say "RIP OFF!" Will they be honoring these online deals when they open next season? I doubt it, as they refuse to even discuss it with me,..NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE! If not, why would they offer a deal with an expiration date four months AFTER they close, (and probably a month or more before they re-open!?!) I would just like to add that the website where I purchased this made no mention of their closing for the winter, it only gave an expiration date next February, which is what I based my purchase on! They have since deleted all of my posts and requests on Facebook to honor their discount coupon that I paid for!~

Visited November 2011

Roland, OK
“Better than good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Wife had a meatball sandwich and I had the italiano sandwich. Both were very good and the sause is terrific. I was a little concerned because there were only a few customers at noon on a Saturday.

Skip the fries, they are overpriced and nothing special.

It's a neat litte place. I wish we would have left some room for dessert because I'm guessing they do a good job with the ice cream.

However, this falls more into the category of "been there done that". Doubt I will go out of my way if I find myself back in the Twin Cities.

• Visited September 2011
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“drive in to the dari-ette drive-inn and you'll find you've driven back in time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

This place has been around forever! I guess it's cause it is so fun and the food is good. An all-american drive-in diner with italian food, what could be better! I usually chose one of the hot sandwiches on italian bread (meatball or italian sausage) and am never disappointed. This summer, I branched out and tried the pizza burger and the dari-ette burger. The pizza burger was good- the same nice sauce that's on the meatball/sausage sandwiches but on a beef pattie. The dari-ette burger (aka the burger-ette) was as wide as my head, but not to worry, it was shorter than my head. It was not an overwhelming feat to eat it, and it tasted great, too. With the cutest dining area pretty much ever, this place is great whether you want to eat in your car, out at the picnic tables or in their dining room. Open early spring to late fall (novemberish). I have had better malts, though, so if you are looking soley for a place for a malt, I'd recommend Annies in mpls : )

1 Thank pigamluzi
Wisconsin
“Sorry I drove through St. Paul traffic for this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

Also seen this on Diners Drive Inns and Dives......Hoping for a nice Sausage/Cheese Meatball/Cheese on bread........The food was so cold that the cheese didn't even melt.....pretty dissapointed we drove from a different state and I insisted that we try it. After fighting the traffic for 45 minutes and waiting for another 20 ..... for a cold sandwich???? Never again, I'm hoping that my husband still trusts me for the next food pick.........

2 Thank TravelingEaters
“The absolute BEST SPAGHETTI SAUCE!! This...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

The absolute BEST SPAGHETTI SAUCE!! This little drive in restaurant has 5star quality food! ALWAYS worth the wait. Its always best to call ahead on chicken cause of the amount of people finding out how great their chicken is.!. Also the car hops and staff were very friendly and helpful when thinking about trying a new item. I love this place.