“Pastries, Breakfasts and More”
Review of Finnish Bistro

Finnish Bistro
Ranked #112 of 908 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Finnish Bistro offers a variety of wonderful pastries, cookies and cakes. I would also recommend stopping for brunch. The one thing I would warn against is Chilled Finnish Delight which consists of cream cheese, topped with chilled smoked salmon,capers, onions and dill. Although it sounds wonderful, the time I had this, it had way too many onions to the point where I had to thrown half away. But I've had the other breakfasts and they have all been wonderful. I've also went for lunch and enjoyed the flatbreads.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We came for breakfast. I enjoyed an egg scrambled with fresh veggies and wrapped in Lefse! Yes, lefse topped off with sour cream and a side of fresh salsa. Yummy! My husband had eggs with a polish type sausage, equally as good. We took bakery to go and all was divine. The space is small but quaint. It is an order at the counter and they bring it out. Worked fine for us. Dunn Bros. coffee is connected for your caffeine fix. They also have a beautiful outdoor space. We would like to enjoy that space when it's not raining. If you're looking for something fresh and with an interesting menu, you have got to try the Finnish Bristo!

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We were invited by friends to try this out. What a gem. Although you don't go for the atmosphere it has it's own charm. Very reasonable prices but better yet, great food and wonderful baked goods. The Kringler is just heavenly. My wife commented that the salmon rivaled that of more expensive restaurants. Our friends had the burger made from walnuts. Far better than one would expect. It was a joyful experience. Sandra the new owner spent some time with us giving us the background. It just goes to prove that a little extra attention goes a long way. All the staff was so helpful and supportive. They also had smiles and you could tell that they like to work here. This is our new go to restaurant. Oh, they have all day breakfast--/breakfast for dinner anyone? :-). Bravo.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have enjoyed many good meals at the casual Finnish Bistro and look forward to returning there each time we visit St. Paul.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Dropped by the Finnish Bistro with a friend on our way sightseeing. The french toast was out of this world, full of berries and made with a special cardamom roll as the toast. Place was packed and made for fun people watching. There are all kinds of pastries, egg dishes, sandwiches. In the evening you can enjoy beer and wine with your meal. You order at the counter and the server will bring you your food. Unless you are just getting pastries then of course they give then to you right away. Fun place, would have liked to gone back in the evening.