“Another one of those very unique places to have a casual dinner.”

Casper & Runyon's Nook
Ranked #6 of 927 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were in town celebrating our anniversary and chose this place for one of our dinners because it seemed so unique. It is a small place and generally a waiting list. We chose to sit at the counter and were waited on immediately. They are well know for their great hamburgers. We enjoyed our burgers and a cold beer. Great little place to visit.

1  Thank RandBTravel

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We arrived on Saturday around 330PM. The wait was about a half an hour. We were seated in the lower which also has an 8 lane bowling alley.
I got the Spanish Fly, and it was easily one of the best burgers in the Metro Area. The fries were excellent. My wife had a stuffed burger which too was very good. Our Grandson's shake was very good and huge.

It was definitely worth the wait and we will return.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We visited The Nook yesterday (7/31/2014), for the first time. Oh my..in all my years I've never had a burger come close to the perfection of their Juicy Nookie Burger. I savored every bite....hubby had the Triple B burger and loved it, too. The bbq sauce on that burger is sweet and flavorful, and the bacon is smoky and delicious and a perfect topper for that burger. The onion rings were sweet and mild and full of flavor...and there are a LOT of them. More than we could eat! The sweet potato fries are something very special. Hubby is still talking about how good they were and plotting a return! So glad we went a little out of our way to try out The Nook, and we look forward to going back again, some day, soon!!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The Nook is a fantastic place for a good food and good fun. However, I would never visited if I wasn't dragged there by a colleague while visiting Minneapolis for a conference. That is right, Minneapolis convention center, surrounded by fine dining. We paid a cab to take us to the ugly twin, St. Paul to...a tavern??? Yelp. The nook is off the beaten path. The Nook looks like a bad 70's tavern/diner. It's small inside, one male/female bathroom upstairs. down stairs has a three lane bowling alley. Are you kidding me? On further inspection I uncover the place has been here since 1938. It was a Wednesday night. The place should be empty, right? Wrong! It was packed and we were told the wait would be 35 minutes. I was pretty disappointed. Finally, we got the best table in the place, upstairs near the bathroom, hidden behind a wall next to the bar.
Apparently the are famous for their stuffed burgers, burgers with veggies, cheese, meat etc stuffed in the middle of a fat burger. They warn you it will be red, but I ordered my well...the chef said he would get it close, without burning the contents of the stuffed items. He executed perfectly! Burger...a stuffed philly cheese steak...was delightfully good and different. However, I also ordered their wings as an appetizer and they were some of the best wings I have ever had...anywhere! Everyone in my group loved their meal. Almost as good as the wings was the service. Our waitress was a young lady, but had worked there 6 years and talked about how much she enjoyed the place and the regulars. I stayed in Minneapolis for 6 days and the Nook was the best place I ate while there. When I return to Minneapolis, I WILL return to the Nook.

1  Thank DrGomab
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We decided to stop here since we saw it on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. This is definitely a DIVE! Our table was on the lower level next to the bowling alley which we did not mind at all. GREAT stuff burgers, juicy and definitely HOT! Onion rings, sweet potatoes fries and cole slaw were a yummy addition! The only thing stopping me from rating this place a five star is the restroom, it was low light, things falling apart, very very old.