“You have to try these burgers!”

Casper & Runyon's Nook
Ranked #3 of 889 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“You have to try these burgers!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This place was great. I do not have one bad thing to say about my visit to The Nook. We were seated in the lower level which includes a bowling alley! The bartender was so nice and accommodating. His energy was great and really made you feel welcome. I ordered the "Paul Molitor", which is a Juicy Lucy or "Nookie", as they call it here, with pepper cheese instead of cheddar, and it was out of this world! I loved it. We also had the lucky opportunity to watch a woman take on the hot wing challenge. Very impressive I might add. She made it look like nothing. I recommend the Nook to anyone. My experience there was top notch.

• Visited March 2014

Breezy Point, Minnesota
“Great place, great food”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We decided to go to this place based upon a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (Food Network show) episode we saw. We also like to hit places that you normally wouldn't go due to location. We visited mid-afternoon and found parking very easy and we were seated immediately. There is plenty of room and plentiful TVs showing various sporting events.
The menu is well priced and offers plenty that will appeal to most.
We ordered the Guy burger, EXCELLENT. I would also recommend the sweet potato fries, very tasty.
The service was attentive and genuine. Try this place out, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“Triple b”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have been eating at the Nook for years... I've never had a burger better than the triple b. No joke the first time I ate at the Nook I ordered a triple b decimated it and immediately ordered another one. I wasn't hungry after the first one anymore but something in me couldn't wait for a second visit to eat that holy grail of burger perfection again. I'm not going to lie every time you go to the Nook it's busy and you almost always have to wait... It's worth it. I have a a secret trick up my sleeve for getting immediate seating at the Nook which I won't share because I don't want it to get ruined but I will say that if you explore a little you'll find it too. Service is always excellent. This has turned into my goto spot after a bad day at work. Between the comfort of the delicious burger a cold beer and the really friendly and personable staff the Nook has turned many a frown upside down on this dude...

• Visited May 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Please don't come here”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

It's already too crowded. As Yogi Berra said about some place, "Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."

Tap beer tastes better in this place for some reason.

My biggest regret is that my fave - the Patty Melt Burger - isn't nearly as good as it was a few years ago. I think it's a different rye bread. Please go back to the old bread.

• Visited February 2014
Eagan, Minnesota
“Best burger and fries!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

OMG...Best juicy-Lucy burger and fries in the Twin Cities!!! This is a place I could eat every week, it's just that good!

• Visited April 2014