“Just get the Nookie Supreme”

Casper & Runyon's Nook
Ranked #4 of 908 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

One of the best burgers I've ever had. And I've had a lot of burgers in my day. The Supreme (med rare) was perfect all the way around. Get it with grilled onions. Service was good, wait was half the time they thought it would be (15 min on a Saturday at 1:30pm). Only knock is that the men's bathroom downstairs was absolutely disgusting. They really should gut it and start over.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've been here many times and always had great food. If you sit downstairs there is a bowling alley and you can decorate a dollar and pin it to the celing.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I couldn't help myself but have another Juicy Nookie burger while at the Nook again this past weekend. Frankly, this has to be the best darn burger I have ever had. So much so, I seem to always choose this burger every time we visit. It's the combination of the bun, cheese stuffed and grilled burger with fresh condiments that make this an unbeatable choice. The burger is only served medium and the cheese inside the burger is hot so bite in with caution. We also chose the fried cheese curds which were off the hook. If you have the chance, try the Sweet Potato fries that comes with a special dipping sauce. Sorry, not sure what the ingredients of the sauce are but the combination of these fries and sauce is amazing. Keep in mind, the place is small that's why it's appropriately called the "Nook". Our wait on a Saturday was easily 25 minutes. If you don't mind being served at the bar the wait may be shorter. They have tables in the basement as well, which looks like a dining car adjacent to the bowling alley. I'm not sure why they offer bowling...frankly they should be tables too. The menu offers something for everybody so give the Nook a try. Just a warning, parking is a challenge as well.

1  Thank Brian P
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went once because of it being a DDD and ended up going back two days later. It was great. The Nook is just a neighborhood bar, long and narrow with not much seating (maybe 40-50 tops). Beer is midwest, nothing outstanding, but good. I like Grainbelt Premium. But then we get to the food. Excellent burgers. We had a Philly Burger and a Guy's Big Bite. Big Bite especially good. Stuffed with pepper jackcheese and then topped with a piece of roast beef and bacon. Philly burger stuffed with swiss cheese and covered with green peppers. Yum. Had cheese curds also, but not a big deal. Liked the place so much that a couple of days later went back to try something different. This time went with the Spanish Fly burger, half beef and half chorizo in a patty and then stuffed with queso cheese. My wife had the 8 piece wings and it was a meal in itself. Comes with your choice of 9 different sauces starting from bland to put out the fire. 15 bucks for a great a filling meal. Can't be beat. Will be back.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited the other location named "Shamrock's" .....great Irish pub and excellent service and food.