“Wow and wow!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Wow and wow!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived to this little hole-in-the-wall to find a line of people outside waiting to get in. That told us this was going to be a good little restaurant as we had read about in the reviews. We went in and decided to eat at the bar since there was no waiting for a seat there. We ordered an appetizer - "Leprechaun Legs" (deep fried green beans with a spicy dipping sauce) which were excellent. My wife ordered a bacon cheeseburger and I ordered the Ultimate Supreme Burger (USB). Both burgers were scrumptious, and the best burgers I have had without making them myself. I barely finished my USB since it was so huge, and it left me with little room for fries - which were also excellent. The bartender that evening - I didn't get her name - was wonderful and made our brief visit a lot of fun. If we're back in Minneapolis again, I'm definitely headed back here for a meal!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Not good burgers, GREAT burgers!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our server did not know the soup of the day...

This was one of the best burgers I have ever had. The fries were really good too, but the burger was out of this world. I did not use a single condiment on the Paul Molitor (the burger I had), and I usually like to have mayo on my burger. This is a burger that can stand on its own. There are not many burgers out there that can stand by themselves like these can.

These are not run of the muck burgers. Go to the Nook and try one, you will see.

San Diego, California
“Wow! What a burger!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

To celebrate our son's birthday I asked him where he would like to eat out, and his choice was The Nook in St. Paul. According to him it had the best (hands down) burgers in the Twin Cities. After tonight's meal, I would concur. We first ordered onion rings which came out piping hot, large, and with a crispy coating-divine. We also ordered cheese curds and Fr. fries with cracked pepper and garlic. My husband and I ordered the Triple B burger with cheddar cheese, bacon and a bourbon sauce-probably the best burger I have ever had. The delicious buns are made at the bakery down the street and the hand-cut fries were equally exceptional. Other orders included the Paul Molitor burger stuffed with peppercorn cheese and the famous Nookie, a burger stuffed with cheese. All came with fried or raw onions and fries or coleslaw.
Since we knew that the Nook is a small place, we arrived at 5:00 p.m. to get a table. Good thing we did. Even though it was a Tuesday evening, the place filled by 5:20. Downstairs is a bowling alley where you can order the food and enjoy a game or two.
Service was attentive and wait staff was cheerful and easy going. We loved seeing all of the photos and reviews on the walls. The atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for-relaxed and fun in a neighborhood near colleges. We definitely will return when the craving for a burger
brings back these memories!

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Loved our dinner at the Nook - easily the best burger in St Paul”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

On a recent visit with family in St Paul we headed for dinner one night at the Nook with a group of 6. We had a short but pleasant wait at the bar but were quickly seated, even though it was a Friday night. The waitress was very nice and prompt. Most importantly when the burgers came we were all blown away. It was the first Juicy Lucy for three of us and we all agreed that they were absolutely amazing. We subsequently tried Juicy Lucys at a few other places during the trip and none of them even came close to the burgers at the Nook. Easily one of the best burgers in St Paul!

• Visited May 2013
Rosemount, Minnesota
“Meat is Murder. Tasty tasty murder.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We knew going in to this trip to The Nook that there'd be some wait involved. Not only due to it being 6pm on a Thursday before the Memorial Day long weekend but because a baseball team of 23 were seated just before us...
We sat at the bar-a trick we learned to get seated faster.
The décor is typical St Paul beer stuff and the brick core construction can't help but be an echo chamber.
Service was prompt, professional and cheerful.
Though it took almost 45 minutes for our orders, they arrived HOT! Some of the best fries evar and the cheese-stuffed burgers were ooey-gooey good!
TThere's a reason why this place is rated as high as it is and I concur.
Good job, boys.