“The Nook, simply awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casper & Runyon's Nook

Casper & Runyon's Nook
Ranked #4 of 876 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“The Nook, simply awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Short & simple review here. Casper & Runyon's The Nook in St. Paul, MN is definitely the place to go if you want either the best burger or wings in town! They are highly praised for their menu and their staff is great!

Only one downside to The Nook, it is TINY and ALWAYS packed! So if you plan on going you have to be prepared to wait a bit for a table but it is worth it. If you don't like waiting then head on down to their sister location a few miles away on 7th Street called Shamrock's. Basically the same menu but a much bigger venue.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank JskinnyG

Racine, Wisconsin
“Really tasty burgers, atmosphere was ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Overall, their burgers are really tasty and I felt that the prices were reasonable considering the freshness and originality of their burgers. I got the Juicy Nookie and my Husband got the Big Bite, both of which we were extremely happy with. The fries were pretty good as well.

The general atmosphere (visually) was pleasant and definitely fit the "nook" name - I found it to be cute and part of the charm. The service, although not negative at all, could be refined to make it more of an experience. Our waitress was prettty prompt and friendly, but some of the other servers were slightly standoffish in general when we first got in and towards their tables around us.

Overall, the place has great burgers, it is simple and tasty food at decent prices and we'd definitely go back to try a different burger. I think if the servers were a bit more engaging, it would hands down be "excellent" in my book.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The burgers are out of this world.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

All the superlatives out there are accurate when describing burgers at the Nook. They are the real deal and delicious. If you're going for the first time just get one of the Jucy Lucy style burgers so you know what the place is all about. I had the Paul Molitor and it was delicious.
The location is small and the lines can be long but it is worth the wait. There's nothing fancy about the place and don't expect white table clothes and linen. The staff is efficient and friendly but not hovering over you. In the end, it's a bar that makes killer burgers but sometimes that is all you want.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“The Nook - Saint Paul, MN”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I had lunch at the Nook on Sunday (2 September, 2012). There are many Saint Paul restaurants and bars that both my wife and I love to recommend... Sadly to say, The Nook will not be one of them. The service was a bit above average, the food only average, and the prices were higher than the food deserved. My wife, on more than one occasion, spotted Nook Staff Members, engaging in not so sanitary serving practices (touching drink straws, fingering food)... The Nook is an iconic institution of Saint Paul, I would much rather write a positive review; however, we will not likely return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Wisconsin
“Not my favorite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Based on trip advisor reviews, we had dinner here. It's a very busy place, but my family found the food to be just ok. We did try the juicy lucy burgers, but again we felt they were only ok. Not sure that we would return, but in fairness we don't eat many burgers in our family and that is their specialty.

Visited August 2012