“Really, Really Excellent !”
Review of Luci Ancora

Luci Ancora
Ranked #117 of 923 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cleveland Avenue
Description: Italian Cucina featuring Nightly Tasting Menus and a la carte dining in comfortable elegance. Pre-show dinner favorite among theatre goers, enjoy fresh pastas, seasonal fish, and estate bottled wines from 50+ producers. Best business lunch in the neighborhood. Visit our website for up to date menu and special event details!
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We dined here as part of a wedding party, and were so impressed with the quality of the food, particularly because it is often hard to serve large groups who all expect to be taken care of at the same time. Just to give an idea of the range of (not the usual Italian food) dishes we were offered: Antipasti: Fried Polenta, amatricia sauce with bacon, carmelized onion,tomato and garlic or a Pizzeta Margharita
Insalate o Zuppa: Potato and Saffron Puree
Mixed Greens with gorgonzola,radish, citrus vinaigrette.
Primi Piatti: Ravioli con Manzo Brasato handmade pasta with root vegetable puree, balsamic glazed beef shotribs,au jus
Arborio Rice mixed mushrooms, parmesan (vegan on request0
Secondo: Manzo ai Ferri grilled American kobe beef, portabella mushrooms, figs and asparagus
Diver Sea Scallops: potato, saffron, brussel sprouts
Dolci: A choice of a Flourless Belgian Chocolate torte or Custard Soaked Crostini with bourbon peach spiced pears and almond whipped cream.
Doesn`t that make anyone want to go there ?!!

1  Thank citycat66

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Varied menu with nicely prepared Italian-style items. Mussels were great. My dining companions would also recommend the risotto, pasta romana, and the lamb shank. They have 4- course tasting menus 2 or 3 nights a week, which are a great deal.

1  Thank TravelerPaul_12
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Unless the menu and the chef have changed since last year, the food was not worth the money. I am part Italian and grew up in NYC and my only thought was the menu items are served at a Pizza shop and that I should have stayed home and made my own italian dishes. I read other reviews and wonder what some of the people consider fine italian cuisine. Wish I could say it was great as there are NO italian restaurants in St. Paul that are great.

1  Thank MDW1634
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Every time I visit Luci Ancora I marvel at the quality of the different offerings, which vary with the seasons. Who would expect an outstanding Italian restaurant just across the street from St. Catherine's girl's college? A restaurant that is not a pizza joint, but a first-class destination place for fine dining. My wife had the hand-made ravioli stuffed with root vegetables and topped with tender carmelized beef shortribs that were free of fat and fell off the bone. I had mussels in a sauce that surpassed the quality I have eaten in France. The menu is creative and features traditional Italian offerings that are made memorable by imaginative sauces and toppings. I live in the Bay Area, where we take food seriously; Luci Ancora would be on a list of the top 10 restaurants anywhere.

3  Thank Robert P
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've been going to Ristorante Luci and Luci Ancora for years our two favorite neighborhood restaurants. The menu changes regularly based on seasonal availability for fresh ingredients. Their hand made fettucine and paparadelle are so delicate, they melt in your mouth. They don't use heavy red sauces or gobs of cheese, this is light and fresh Italian fare, the ingredients speak for themselves. The atmosphere is welcoming and service always the best.

1  Thank Jennifer_StPaul