“A little crowded but a great breakfast spot overall”
Review of Keys Cafe N Robert

Keys Cafe N Robert
Ranked #181 of 928 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The dining room is a little crowded and the waitstaff pretty harried but the breakfast food rocks! The only thing that could make it better was if you could have a bloody mary or mimosa as well.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Key's is a good place to go for breakfast but we were disappointed with lunch. The chicken salad sandwich was mediocre. The homemade wheat bread was on the dry side, and they definitely need to find a different source for their tomatoes! We saw beautiful, red tomatoes at the Farmer's Market nearby, yet the tomato used to garnish the sandwich was barely ripe and hard.
Soups were pretty good but not hot enough.

If you want a huge breakfast this is the place to go.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have been here a handful of times, always with a work group for lunch, but the food is a constant "thumbs up!" Always I have ordered breakfast foods and have never been disappointed. The biscuits & gravy is a huge plateful of food and the hashbrowns are de-lish - cooked to a perfect crisp, but not "too well done". The bacon is also excellent - strips of nice, thick slices at the proper crispiness. Looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a tasty treat on my way home from sightseeing. They had lots to choose from as far as pastry and pies went, I almost got a lemon iced cookie but opted for the cherry pie instead.

The pie looked nice and had good flavor, but unfortunately there just wasn't enough cherries in it. There was so much gel that I got only a few cherries in my slice.

The bakery had a selection of handmade jewelry to choose from, which was cute. I am pretty sure the dining room had local artists' works for sale too.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I ate at the Robert St location and was shocked at their prices especially for simple breakfast food. Since it was close to lunch time I ordered a bowl of chili. It came out lukewarm, even the cheese wouldn't melt. So (after several minutes of waiting to catch a server) I asked them to heat it up and it came back only slightly warmer, cheese still unmelted. It tasted like it was made in 5 minutes, in another words, no simmering time. I looked forward to eating here but felt cheated when I left.