“Pie was a disappointment”
Review of Keys Cafe N Robert

Keys Cafe N Robert
Ranked #4 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Saint Paul
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Pie was a disappointment”
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a tasty treat on my way home from sightseeing. They had lots to choose from as far as pastry and pies went, I almost got a lemon iced cookie but opted for the cherry pie instead.

The pie looked nice and had good flavor, but unfortunately there just wasn't enough cherries in it. There was so much gel that I got only a few cherries in my slice.

The bakery had a selection of handmade jewelry to choose from, which was cute. I am pretty sure the dining room had local artists' works for sale too.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold Expensive Food”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I ate at the Robert St location and was shocked at their prices especially for simple breakfast food. Since it was close to lunch time I ordered a bowl of chili. It came out lukewarm, even the cheese wouldn't melt. So (after several minutes of waiting to catch a server) I asked them to heat it up and it came back only slightly warmer, cheese still unmelted. It tasted like it was made in 5 minutes, in another words, no simmering time. I looked forward to eating here but felt cheated when I left.

MN
“great for breakfast”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Huge portions, good attentive service. Long time family owned group of restaurants.

Visited December 2011
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good food, good atmosphere, and, generally, good service!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was in St. Paul on business and was looking for a nice restaurant in downtown. I asked some locals, checked "the net", and queried the hotel staff. After a walk around town, I passed a establishment that I had heard mentioned and decided to try it. It was a "late" breakfast time and there was a good crowd still present. After being seated at the smaller tables next to the window, I opened my menu and started scanning. I noticed that the waitress/manager assigned to my table was also in charge of the cash register, so that made for slower service for me than for others. I ordered eggs and bacon, with pancakes on the side and it arrived promptly. When it was time for a (coffee) warm-up, it took longer than it should have, but eventually another waitress came by and gave me a refill. Here's my take: The food was really good and delivered promptly. The staff was friendly and, at other tables, very attentive. The patrons all seemed happy as they left so I would say you will probably have a worthwhile trip at this location of Key's Cafe. I would not hesitate to eat there again, just not next to the cash register!

• Visited November 2011
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Not all Keys are the same....”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

If you have eaten at one Keys Cafe, you have not eaten at them all. We had breakfast there on a very busy Sunday morning. More like brunch time actually. It was very busy but yet we did not have to wait to be seated. Seemed to take a while to get our food but we were not in a hurry so it was not that big of a deal. If you are in a hurry I would not eat here when they are busy. The wait staff run their tails off that's for sure. The food is very good and very Keys, hot, fresh, and lots of it!!!! What we have found is that the menus vary from Keys to Keys. They are very close to the same items but there is some local variation. Keys is worth the experience and we must like it because we keep going back! We do frequent the one in Hudson WI.