“DOWNHILL!!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Have not been back in about five years. Some friends wanted me to go. This used to be the best especially for hot dagos. Since the Matron Peachie passed it is just bad. If you are used to having everything salty this place is for you. Salt and alot has been added to everything. My friends were really disappointed. SO WAS I. I thought I would try hot dago. One friend ordered spaghetti ravioli and pizza. Needless to say hot dago was inedible. Not much food was eaten at our table. Our waitress never even asked us if something was wrong. It cost me 15 dollars so I could go home and make something to eat. Every one has different taste but that will be my last time. I will travel 2 miles north and know I can eat the pizza and spaghetti.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Mama's is by far the best all around. The pizza is out of the world, the pasta is very good and the service is always great! The pasta sauce is rich and flavorful, with good homemade meatballs and the bread is to die for. The prices are very very reasonable.

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Mama's is a family place where everyone knows everyone but newcomers are always welcomed and made to feel a part of the family. Tony is awesome and really cares and his wait staff is the best. I have never found better. The pizza cannot be beat here in the Twin Cities. Old school flat crust (no deep dish) with tons of ingredients including quality cheese. The standard Italian dishes (lasagna, spaghetti, etc.) are also great and they have the best meatballs in town. You should try Mama's if you are in St. Paul and craving a great pie. You will love the finish your dinner ice cream cone given to everyone before you leave. What a fun place to enjoy!!

1  Thank meadoc1
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This place has been open for more than 40 years, and it is easy to see why. Food is great (you can get a dinner for $7-10 dollars. Pizzas are $14-$19. Pasta and pizzas are excellent, On a recent week night the place was 80% full at dinner (also possible to pick up food from here.

This place is clear and service is very friendly whether you are a regular or a "newby". Many families here. Food comes out pretty quickly.

There also is a free small desert surprise which I won't spoil by revealing it. I'd definitely drive 15-30 minutes to get here. It's NOT fancy but it is darn good food, very reasonable price, and very nice service. Don't come here expecting white table cloth (they don't have them). But good food, big portions, pleasant wait people....yes!

1  Thank Seniordad
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The pasta is excellent, with a rich sauce and amazing meatballs. The ravioli is excellent.
The pizza is superb though. They use quality ingredients, from the sauce to the toppings to the cheese. I HIGHLY recommend the dry pepperoni pizza. The cheese is thick and full of flavour and beautifully stringy. Even the dough is full of flavour.

1  Thank BigBernerMom