“Sunday afternoon dinner”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2014

After many months of light rail construction from Mpls to downtown St. Paul, which caused a diminished business flow to all the businesses on University Avenue, I can report that Mai Village is still operating with their customary delicious foods.
Our party of three chose from the multipaged menu: Spring Rolls, Egg Rolls, Beef & Potatoes, Sweet & Sour Pork and Pork Fried Rice. It is easily shared family style. Our cocktails were super tasty.
Service was quick and our waiter very knowledgeable.
Parking is available behind the building and pick-up for carryout is right by the door.
The restaurant is located on the south side of University Avenue, a long stretch of street that goes from west of the University of MN, through Mpls, into St Paul and beyond. Easy access to freeways and city street.
We are extremely glad that Mai Village is still open because the food is just delicious!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I recommend the Chicken Almond Ding and Shrimp Fried Rice, but everything is delicious and easy to share family style.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is one of the few Asian restaurant that has outdoor sitting which is the advantage because there are not too many Asian restaurants with outdoor sitting. I eat out a lot and love all Asian food and with the limited choices of outdoor sitting, I went to Mai Village. Service was bad followed by salty and poor quality dishes. This was dish that I have often. It could just be an off day for the server and cook but I have not return.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Looking for some Vietnamese food, we were directed towards Mai Village, and it is a winner. The suroundings are elegant, they have a pond well stocked with Koi that you cross a bridge over, to enter the main dining area. The surroundings are soothing, it was quiet ( I HATE noisy dining rooms) and the food, well, that was a definite highlight. I chose the signature dish, the 7 courses of beef. If you like beef, and you can handle seven courses, it's a winner! The service was excellent, just the right speed. Prices are very reasonable, and looking at the menu, I saw several more entrees I am eager to try. Needless to say, we'll be back!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We returned to Mai Village with a party of 6 and were delighted by what we found. A round table was reserved within ear-shot of the fountain. The food was excellent---carefully prepared, fresh ingredients, lots of choices. Our young server needed some prompting, but accepted it graciously. Don't come here if you're in a rush. This is a place to savor good food, good company and the pleasure of a quieter, more elegant era. Plus there's a spacious parking lot in back. We'll return soon when we need to be soothed and well-fed.