“Fresh and delicious”

Indochin Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #180 of 923 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The food here is fantastic. I loved the house specialty ginger chicken dish. The flavor was amazing. Presentation was done nicely, and portions were generous for the price. Fried Tofu was a hit with our children, and fried items were not greasy.
How fresh all of our dishes were actually surprised me, although we nullified the possibility of a long wait by calling our order in from the menu on their website. (This is a trick we have learned to ensure a calm dining experience with 3 children under 4 years old.)
The location is a quaint neighborhood right next to Macalester College. Parking is on the street, and Grand Ave. is pretty busy at this location. This dinner is definitely worth walking a few blocks!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Good food and service, though occasionally the staff speak little English which lends to the ambiance but can make getting the right order difficult.
The kids love the fried tofu and we liked the golden chicken with ginger and the curry shrimp.
Definitely worth going to at lunch time, the specials are good and filling.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Indochine will not disappoint those looking for a good vermicelli Vietnamese salad. Try the shrimp or beef - the flavor combinations of sweet, salty, spicy and sour are equally balanced. Although not on the menu, I asked for a combo shrimp and beef salad, which they were happy to prepare. I also think their Vietnamese springs rolls are some of the best I've had. The portions are large enough to share. This is a hidden gem that I am happy to have in my neighborhood.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Indochin offers great dishes, high quality ingredients and the chef is amazing. I eat here regularly and all the dishes I've had are consistently from good to excellent. I've had quite a few dishes and never a bad experience or felt illness from MSG. The Pho, Vietnamese beef noodle soup, you can taste that the broth is not whipped together in a couple of hours but all day cooking to ensure all the flavors from the meat and bones were seeped into the broth. The added bonus, this restaurant is CLEAN, CLEAN.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Indochin Restaurant has an extensive menu, as do many asian restaurants. The difference is not so much in the selection but in the quality of those selections. They simply prepare excellent Vietnamese food, served in a very clean and modern setting. My partner can not eat food prepared with MSG, and she assures me that there is no MSG in their food. She had Pho, with extra tripe and I had a dish of spicy tofu with vegetables, we througly enjoyed both dishes. They have a selection of wines and beers with a variety of non alcoholic beverages, including teas and coffees. For Vietnamese food, I would rate the IndoChin as one of the best in this area, and intend to keep it on my list of regularly visited restaurants. George