“Ate at Sui Yep's for years”
Review of Sui Yep Cafe

Sui Yep Cafe
Ranked #400 of 908 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I probably first went to Sui Yep's 40 years ago. I saw the place shut down then start up again. When I first went back since the new management I thought it was even better, until one day when I took my "Take out" home and it didn't look like anything close to what I had order.

I have heard from others that there is a communication problem.

But anyway, I went back and told them I threw out what they has sold me and that it didn't look like any chow mein I had ever seen. The owner point to some young kid and told me he had made it but had messed up, but in a few days it would be back to normal. So I went back and asked to see what I was buying before buying it, and they refused.

Wanting the chow mein, I went back again today, and they told me that it has never changed, I ask them if I could see before buying and they refused, then the owner told me, "I gave you a bay of noddles, didn't I?"

What a jerk, I throw my chow mein out and they gaive me a bag of noddles. I was a good customer for years, and now I shall never return.

All I can say is I hope Brad got his money up front.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Still the great food it always was, incredibly reasonable. Not a white linen place by any means, but if you want delicious Chinese, you can't go wrong here- ambiance is not the name of the game if you are game to sit in and eat, but there is take out The new management has the old recipes, so its just as tasty. 1 order of Chicken Chow Mein served two of us women, and we still needed a small take home container. If you want your noodles crispy, ask them for them on the side, otherwise they will get buried. We also shared the great tasting Chicken Egg Fu Young. Perfectly crisped on the outside, in a sea of delicious brown gravy with mushroom bits. One order the size of 3 separate bread slices. Go, you won't be sorry, and neither will your pocket book or your tummy!

Reviewed October 10, 2010

This place is for carry out only. I believe they are closed on Mondays. It is a little place and the inside is "under construction" which means the inside looks so horrible. The kitchen is clean but you can see where they are re-doing the seating area. The food is delicious and cheap. My family has been ordering take out from Sui Yep for over 15 years and we have never been disappointed. I highly recommend trying this restaurant.

1  Thank Jenny920
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I like to stop every time I am in St. Paul. Not fancy but great Chinese take out. Ingredients are always fresh. It has been an East Side fixture not because it is fancy but because it is good.

2  Thank marchuk
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Chicken fried rice looked like it contained rodent organs, not a pleasant experience at all!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook