“Overpriced comfort food for lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles

Joseph's Grill
Ranked #87 of 876 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Overpriced comfort food for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went here for lunch the first time with a business associate who regular goes here with his family for dinner. Location is very convinient from downtown St. Paul - a short walk across the Wabasha Street Bridge. Menu definately focuses on comfort foods - french onion soup, meatloaf, open faced hot turkey sandwich, etc. I had slow-cooked pulled pork over garlic mashed potatos with BBQ sauce and onion rings. My meal was good, but way over-priced for a lunch. The cost of my meal, including a soda, tax, and tip, came to just under $18. So, while the food was good and the service was incredibly quick, I don't think I'll be rushing back here again for lunch. Maybe a dinner sometime, when I'm really in the mood for some comfort food.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim K

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Dine Outside in the Summer.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is a nice Grill located just across the Wabasha Bridge
South of the Mississippi River. Good Prices Good Food.

Bradenton, Florida
“Great Prime Rib”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

When visiting the St Paul area we always make a point of eating at Joseph's for the prime rib special on Fridays. An excellent meal at a reasonable price with great service.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank TravellingORF
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“Never go Back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

We went on a Friday during lent. We were a group of four. Two ordered the special fish fry for $8.95. My daughter and I were on a restricted diet so I asked the waitress if they had any grilled fish. She said I could get the Fish sandwich and they would broil for me. SHe asked if I wanted the fries and I replied no can I get something else? She said I can get you a side salad. I said great. The food was okay- but the service was horrible. When she gave us the bill I was charged $12.95 for the broiled fish and an charge of $1.50 for the salad. I asked the waitress about the upcharge - and she said it is on the menu - I said oh I didn't that and I thought $15.00 was alot of money for one piece of broiled fish and a small bit of green on my plate. I would of ordered something else. She brought the manager over and he told us he wanted customers that COULD pay and that we should never come back. We did not make a scene - We just paid the bill - First time ever in my life that I didn't leave a 20% tip. Will never go back. The manager was very rude!!!!

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank llaoope
St Paul
“Nice patio, good staff, food is nothing special.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

Nice patio, good staff, food is nothing special.