“Big Beautiful Breakfast”

Capital View Cafe
Ranked #33 of 895 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Capital View Cafe is a family owned business since 1993. We serve breakfast and lunch that is made to order fresh from the grill. We offer american and mexican food that is made from homemade recipes and sauces that will keep you coming back for more. We offer Catering for all of your special events. We invite you to come and visit our Cafe, friendly staff and down home good food.
West Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Big Beautiful Breakfast”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is for sure THE BEST restaurant in St. Paul! I suggest everyone try it out it is a great restaurant for family, business or even couples. They serve Mexican and American food so you have a wide variety of food to choose from. And me myself am a picky eater so truly anyone can eat here. Also the staff is very on top of it and wonderful service! Also the staff is always cheerful and ready to get to work right when you walk in the door! they also cater so if you ever need so food for a get together you know who to call.

• Visited July 2013

Bemidji
“Cajun breakfast!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite places for breakfast when I'm in good old St. Paul! The service and food are always consistently very good. The restaurant is bright, colorful, super clean, and wonderful place to enjoy a steamy cup of joe with the paper! They make tasty homemade cinnamon rolls as well, but do yourself a favor and have the Cajun breakfast, it is a plate full of spicy yum!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Craig S
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“glad to see changes have been made”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I probably started going to the Capitol view in the 90's, and enjoyed the fresh flavorful food. It was smaller and crowded then--you could see them making and prepping the hash browns from whole potatoes.Then they went through some changes in either owner or chef--and you could taste the tin can some oif the ingredients came in. After an absence of many years I tried them again this year. They have excellent waitresses, a welcoming atmosphere, and food that is almost as good as I remember from my first visits. They are on the right path and I will give them more of my business.I appreciate an inviting atmosphere and great service, but memorable taste is what brings me back to a restaurant as well--let's hope they continue and get even better.

• Visited May 2013
Twin Cities
“Great Coffe and Delicious Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant is open for Breakfast (which they serve al day) and lunch only. We arrived within the last hour of service. Friendly staff and fast service. Although we were the last customers, we were not rushed out the door. The food was excellent and we are looking forward to our next visit. Great blend of Mexican and American dishes. And the coffee was perfect!

Visited August 2012
Bloomington, Minnesota
“LOVE IT!!! Great Mexican & breakfast served all day”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a local cafe with an extensive menu, especially breakfast options. I'm adding this to our list of weekend places where breakfast is served all day. Lots of vegetarian options. Since most items are either Mexican or Mexican infused, you can get peppers, onions, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, etc. in anything. They also have great breakfast like cinnamon swirl French toast, deluxe oatmeal with blueberries, etc. Not the place to go if you're in a hurry. This is a new favorite spot for us.