“Great”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Sorry to say it was sold. New owners will be reopening after remodeling. Sorry to see it gone. It was part of the neighborhood for 60 plus years.

1  Thank Judy N

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were in the Twin Cities for a an overnight stay, check out Tripadvisor about breakfast places and this one popped up in St. Paul. I and my daughter met a family friend here for breakfast and it turned out to be the correct choice. We all agreed the food the excellent, the coffee was hot and our cups were kept full, the service was just a bit slow (but when you cook to order this is what happens) and we left full with a smile on our faces. Everything mentioned on Tripadvisor was spot on. The booths are cramped which add to the ambiance, the decor was in the 70's and the bathroom was in the basement but who cares when the food is this good. Thanks to all the reviews on Tripadvisor the next time I'm in the Twin cities I'll make an extra effort to eat here.

2  Thank Tom L
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Been going here since I was a kid and it hasn't changed a bit. If you want food that is actually cooked on-site, from scratch - this is your spot. I always order french toast (get the half order...full order is 3 full pieces of bread) with sausage for breakfast. For lunch, the roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes, all covered in gravy is my favorite with a slice of lemon meringue pie for dessert. The pie crust is made from scratch daily by one of the owners.
Great for kids too, but the bathroom is a challenge to get little ones down to and not handicap accessible.

4  Thank Meganp P
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Whenever were in the cities we make a point to make it to Serlins for breakfast! Were always bumbed when we can't go if it's a sunday. We need to try something besides breakfast here but if I even bring up something else for breakfast I'm told no we are going to Serlins :)

3  Thank coryjoni
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've been to Serlin's several times and I'm amazed at how good the food is. Highly recommended for all breakfast lovers. The burgers are great too!

2  Thank Vballmarie