“Worth a Try”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Worth a Try”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I ate here with a coworker and overall I thought it was very good. Since we had never tried Russian food we asked the waitress for help and she made some great suggestions. We started with Cheboureki which is a pastry stuffed with beef. It was amazing and I could have eaten about 10 more. Then we had a beef and cabbage roll and it was just as good. I ordered the babushka stew and it was good but it had too much dill for me. The pork in the stew was moist and tender. My coworker had the czars medallion and she liked it but she thought it had a weird spice taste. I actually liked what she ordered better than what I ordered. I would go back and try something else.

• Visited July 2014

• Czech first
Fargo, ND
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious authentic food!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The food and atmosphere was great! I was happy to find out that the meals were authentic and tasted exactly the way Russian food should taste. They have a real Russian bread!

Visited August 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A holiday for locals and travelers alike”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It's not every day that one feels transported when entering a restaurant, but that is my experience every time I visit one my favorite St. Paul eateries, Moscow on the Hill. Over the years the decor has been tweaked a few times, so that now the restaurant provides a welcome escape from the mundane, a getaway to a culture far from the streets of St. Paul. Restaurant reviews have noted the authenticity of the food, but I believed it when I brought my cousin in for his opinion when he was visiting town. He was stationed with the U.S. Marines in Russia many years ago, and he pronounced the food to be spot on. In fact, he found the entire experience to be an accurate reflection of Russian cuisine and culture. So don't hesitate to give Moscow on the Hill a try -- and if you get there this summer, ask for a table on the patio -- it's lovely. Oh, and while you're there, try the borscht. You'll be glad you did.

Breezy Point, Minnesota
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our son-in-law turned us on to this place. It is very good all around. Service was great, staff was knowledgeable, Food was excellent.

The meals were some of the best food I have ever received in a Public Eatery. I had the Peasant Pelmeni, and it was a gamble for me to order it. It was outstanding, and my wife had the Wild Rice Cabbage Rolls, and they were the most flavorful of any Cabbage Roll previously consumed.

The Vodka drinks were perfect. The atmosphere was very relaxing.

My only complaint is, the Accordion Player came on as we were finishing up. Definitely will be back and passing it on to others.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“the food tastes great even before the vodka flights”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you like Russian food, mouth-watering and fairly priced - this place is for you.
Happy hour is a gift from the heavens - homemade infused vodka at bargain prices. Never had garlic-infused vodka? With the sweet pickle for immediately afterwards - come and get it.