“Love this place!”

Ranked #7 of 911 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I try to visit this place every time I'm in the Twin Cities. They have excellent food and great service! In addition, their Napolean dessert is one of my all time favorite desserts!! They even accommodate my request to make it with just strawberries! :)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been coming to Moscow on the Hill for over 5 years now and always enjoyed to food. Last friday we arranged to meet some friends there who had never been before. Upon arriving we were surprised to see that the menu had been reduced again, my son's favorite dish (lamb kabobs) was no longer offered. Some of our old favorites were still on the menu and our friends tried them....their response was overwhelmingly positive.

The main course selection is getting limited but what is on there continues to be worth ordering (including the desserts). A large portion is always served so you won't leave hungry.

Parking is still a problem as the neighborhood has "r4esidential only permit areas" so expect to walk a few blocks to park.

1  Thank Cheese4ever
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have been having dinner at "Moscow on The Hill" since it is open (20 year ago or so) and... LOVE IT!!! And... we will.

The owners and the whole staff make us feel special, really pampered and better than in other restaurants.
They all are professionally oriented who allow each customer to enjoy each moment.
Something we also treasure in this restaurant: they never rush us! However, if someone needs something right away... they serve immediately.
All waiters and waitresses know exactly what they do.
The service is great!

The accordeonist dedicates music to us and... cheers us up so nicely!

We feel comfortable and happy with such a positive group and energy around.

The chef is great, very creative!
Besides the regular Menu, he varies the specialties and prepares delicious Russian recipes, including desserts.
Everything is delicious and well decorated!
And the plates are big enough and well acompanied.

To start... the "Appetizer Plate' (serve 2-4 people) serve at the Lounge too... is outstanding! Very tasty!
Soups and salads too!

There are poultries such as chiken and duck...
"Chicken Kiev" and"Duck Confit", my favorites!
Pork stands out with the "Szars Medallions", our choice for so many years in a row!
Of course, "Beef Strogonoff" is wonderful!
Fish is always fresh and deliciously prepared too! There a couple of great recipes seafood recipes of Salmon.
On Saturday, April 20th/13, I tried a special of the day: Halibut with crab meat, etc..., all unique flavors with fresh and homemade pasta! Very, very special!
Well, mentioning pasta..., the "Russian Pasta" on the menu is also wonderful!
The "Vegetarian" choice is such an interesting combination!

I could keep mentioning all the different specialties without complains.. and getting my mouth so, so, so, so watery!

Let's finish now...
"Russian Tiramisu", "Chocolate Mousse", "Napoleon" and "Blinis" (filled the two of them deliciously) are all made the same day and so, so good!
After Dinner Drinks, fresh coffee and Russian teas are good too!

The prices are great!
And the portions: very generous!

It's always a joy to spend time with such a family, cozy, elegant, but... at the same time, 'casual' atmosphere, plus the exquisit food and, the professional treatment and service!
I strongly recommend "Moscow on The Hill" for any family or friends reunion, as well as for organized bigger parties.

1  Thank Lir A
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had to find a restaurant convenient to our location in St. Paul. My friend suggested lunch at Moscow on the Hill and I'd been there before and of course, wanted to go again! We found a parking spot right (easily) down from the restaurant and met in the gorgeous lounge area. We were seated at the sunny window and perused the menu. The server brought our beverages out quickly and we were off to the races! I hadn't had their borscht in a long time and it was incredible! Full of veggies, hot and steaming on a cold day! While considering the menu, I realized I had never tried the cabbage rolls. Pork, beef and wild rice stuffed cabbage rolls with a WOW sauce!!! OMG. They were just the right combination of ingredients topped with julienned carrots. I have to tell you, I think I will have to swing by there again tomorrow... The service was prompt and very hospitable. No wait!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a great place to visit either for a small dinner or large party. Waiters know what they are doing and doing their best to keep everyone happy. Food selection is good and tasteful. Their Martini drinks amongst the best ones i had in Twins.
Separate thanks to Anna, who went above and beyond to help us with celebrating b-day. I will definitely come back very soon for warm atmosphere, great service, and excellent food of course.

Thanks a lot!