“Nothing Special”

Ranked #7 of 911 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2012

First time dining at Moscow on the Hill. I had heard a lot of positive things about this restaurant, but I was very disappointed. The atmosphere was very loud; I had trouble hearing the person I was with talk. I ordered the lamb kebab; my meal was very bland and adding salt and pepper to it did not help. However, dessert was good! The service we received was very good. Our waitress was very attentive and made sure we received everything we asked for in a timely matter.

My overall dining experience at Moscow on the Hill was poor, and I definitely will be not returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Having never tried Russian food, we were uncertain about what to expect. Loved the decor, which was casual elegance. The menu does a great job in describing the offerings of the kitchen, all of which were loved by our large group of 10. Try the appetizer sampler platter. Service was great also. Highly recommend and will definitely go back.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had borscht, herring, cabbage rolls, babushka stew, and czars medallions. They were all reasonably priced, well plated, and uniquely seasoned ..... but they all seemed to be like a day old. The herring was on the soft side, the cabbage rolls were hard, and the pork was overcooked/hard. Service was good and the horseradish infused vodka was excellent. As this was our first time dining here, we'll give it another chance the next time we are in St. Paul.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I've been to Moscow on the Hill several times and have had a great time at each visit. It has a great vibe, excellent drinks choices with infused vodkas (try the Horseradish!) and good food. There has always been a Russian accordion player there when I've visited (I've been there generally on weekends) which always adds to the feeling that you are visiting Eastern Europe. It's a great place to try out when you want something a little different.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went in for lunch and had a great experience.Try the Stroganoff Blini its excellent .. the cabbage rolls are good as well.They also have an impressive selection of vodka