“A very good Afghan restaurant with reasonable prices”
Review of Khyber Pass Cafe

Khyber Pass Cafe
Ranked #111 of 923 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed November 30, 2013

A very good Afghan restaurant close to the Macalester College campus. Many delicious dishes available at reasonable prices. The buffet lunch is an especially good deal. All of the food is good with some dishes very, very good.

2  Thank Michael G

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I love the Khyber Pass Cafe. The food is delicious. I love the flavor palette and the combinations of sweet / spicy chutneys. When we lived in the Twin Cities, Khyber Pass was almost always our first choice when we ate out. Miss it bunches, and try to arrange to eat there when we are in town.

2  Thank Esther D
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is my favorite 'at home' restaurant. It is where I can get lamb, in kabob, curry and -recently- chop form. Our now grown-up family goes here as a special treat. I take friends from out of town here. Even New Yorkers. They offer a good variety of reasonably priced wine; someone chooses the reds well.

1  Thank Tom E
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had the lunch buffet and have to say for 10.99 it is worth it! The food is fantastic! The place is nice and clean. There is a large menu you can order a variety of authentic dishes from. I did not order off the menu. The buffet had pita bread, rice, a variety of vegetables, legumes, hummus, salad, chutney, yogurt. The entree's were of eggplant, curry chicken, grilled chicken, beef meatballs - vegetarians and carnivores will find plenty on this buffet.

The only reason I didn't rate this place higher, is because of the very weird vibe coming off the staff. They were a little prickly and slow. I felt like the manager was the overlord and the waitstaff were the lowly servants... it translated as an oppressive vibe - not many smiles, not easy communication. Asking for water almost felt like a crime. Otherwise, the food is good. Do the buffet and avoid the staff!

1  Thank outisgd
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This little gem has excellent food, service and atmosphere! If you are looking for a new place to try in St. Paul I would highly recommend Khyber Pass!

Been to Khyber Pass Cafe? Share your experiences!