Tripadvisor
Saint Paul

“Fun and tasty Mexican food.”

Boca Chica Restaurante
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wabasha
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice salsa and chips, yummy appetizers, and my favorites - chili relenos. Very tasty, of course. A tiny bit oily, i thought. It is always pretty crowded. There is a good parking lot next door. I try to deal with the crowds by going there a little early or late. Sometimes the service is a bit too hectic. I am still seeking, but my uncle likes this place and it is very easy to find. Right across the Wabasha bridge from downtown St Paul. Reliable.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (148)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went with my cousin. The front door is a ways from the parking lot, but no problem. I ordered a peach margarita to start with. it was beautiful! I ordered a chili relleno con queso. it came with a salad. thank goodness I didn't pay attention.  it was a salad with cactus strips. normally I would have said no thanks to the salad. but the salad came and it too was beautiful....and delicious!!! emphasis on delicious.  we asked about it, the cactus is really cactus and comes in a jar. the chili relleno was good, but still eating the salad. the service was good. bathrooms were respectable,  but don't wait until you're once sneeze away from disaster to search them out. they're beyond the bar and it looks like you're exiting. then when you come out, good luck picking the correct door back into the restaurant.  but the salad was excellent!!! I harp on the good or the bad, no bad here, but lots of good. I'm coming back to the twin cities for this salad!!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 16, 2019

Service was horrible. My order and my
husband’s orders were completely wrong. I ordered chicken chimichangas and I got beef. I ordered no beans and extra rice and I got beans and rice. The waitress was very apologetic and replaced our orders. Then the chicken was very spicy. I would
Not recommend this restaurant .

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 31, 2019 via mobile

Good food with everything spice. I ordered a mango margarita that was supposed to have spice on the border but it was more spice than mango. Nice fish tacos but pieces of breaded fish very small.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 23, 2019

We met another couple for lunch on a Saturday. We used to come here once in awhile but it had been years. I think the lunch buffet is only on week days. Our menu had no lunch menu items but had entrees from $13 to $14. I ordered Guillermo's enchiladas de carne with special Guillermo sauce. The two enchiladas were nothing special as was the sauce. The meal also came with tomato soup with broken pieces of spaghetti, ate a few spoonfuls. Sides were black beans, rice and lettuce for $14. The food simply was average at best. The complimentary chips were really hard and the salsa was either really spicy or just plain.
I doubt we will return because it was rather expensive and just not good. Service was adequate.

Date of visit: September 2019