“Great for a relaxing anniversary dinner!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of W.A. Frost & Company

W.A. Frost & Company
Reserve with OpenTable
W.A. Frost & Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 876 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Western Ave.
Farmington, Minnesota
“Great for a relaxing anniversary dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on our 16th wedding anniversary (9/6). Because of the special occasion, we elected to choose the tasting menu ($65 per person) and I went for the wine pairing as well (making my meal $100 per person). The food was delicious.

The service was a bit slow, but I think that is just how they roll... they want you to savor your food. Once we learned to relax a bit, we really enjoyed our meal.

The waitress served our desserts with candles to help commemorate our event.

Note: Our particular tasting menu recommended a beer to go with the cheese plate portion of the meal. I told them I didn't care for beer, and they were happy to accomodate me. So don't be afraid to recommend alternatives should you wish to try the wine pairing.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Chicago
“Felt like a trip back in time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Decided to go here for some after dinner drinks and dessert with some local family that have been talking about it for years. We decided to have drinks in the lower level with its private alcoves appointed with antique furniture and vintage charm. We knew all the attention was focused on the outdoor patio so we went up to the bar to grab our drinks and head back down to the wonderful private 4 person room were we have complete privacy away from the other bottom bar goers. Their Tea selection was fabulous and the "Kit Kat Bar" was to die for with maldon sea salt caramel, hazelnut praline, house made Chai ice cream that hit the spot. I can;t wait to go back sometime soon and check out the outdoor patio!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stunning garden patio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We went here for my birthday last night and were absolutely stunned by the patio, especially at night! The service was warm and the servers were absolutely delightful! We both tried two of the house cocktails and they were strong but well balanced! The menu was not extensive but each item is so well crafted it doesn't need to be! I don't think I've ever had a better piece of halibut! Both me and my husband scraped our plates clean! I cannot recommend highly enough! Best meal I've had in St Paul hands down!

1 Thank Kori C
Minnstonka,Mn.
“Super outdoor dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

While the food is quite good it is not great.The outdoor dining however is more than enough reason to spend time at a memorable lunch.The portions are small,prices on the steep side,outdoor experience special

Visited August 2013
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Fabulous outdoor garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

It was a beautiful summer day and the garden café was humming. The staff was attentive, the food was fabulous and the prices were reasonable. I told my husband we need one of these back home!

Visited August 2013