“Wonderful Dining Experience”

W.A. Frost & Company
Ranked #14 of 911 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Western Ave.
Reviewed February 6, 2008

I was looking for a special place to take my husband for his birthday celebration. I happened onto a website with a feature about W. A. Frost. I went to their website and it looked wonderful but there were a few comments about an understudy becoming the head chef after the chef left. We were there on a Thursday night and the place was full. I had made reservations and we were seated immediately. When you first walk in it is such a warm and inviting place. The wood floors with rich colored rugs and the subdued lighting from the pictures on the walls make it very cozy. The wood burning fireplaces are so nice on a January night in St. Paul! Our table was right beside one and it was so romantic. When the first started to go out we requested another log be put on and the hostess came right away to tend to the fire. Our waitress was very helpful. I was planning on ordering the tofu dish but she said it could be greasy. That scared me away so I had the walleye and my husband ordered the salmon. They were both well prepared and looked as good as they tasted. They were both very complex dishes with a blend of many flavors. We liked that they offer half bottles of wine which is the right size for the two of us. We couldn't decide on which dessert to share but had narrowed it down to two and asked our server to help us decide. She suggested the torte. When she came back with the dessert she brought both of them and said it was on the house!! Wow! This is an excellent place to dine. It may get a little hectic on a weekend but the Thurs evening we were there it was great! I definitely would recomment this place and I can't wait to go back and dine outside in the summer.

Reviewed January 29, 2008

I think this place is over rated. I'm always disappointed by the food.

Reviewed January 27, 2008

Salmon was great, don't get the ahi tuna appetizer

Reviewed January 8, 2008

Five stars because of the patio in the warmer months. The best patio in the Twin Cities! The food is really good, the wine/drinks are also good. Expensive, no doubt, but worth it a couple of times a year. I don't go in the winter and couldn't comment on the interior...

Reviewed January 5, 2008

Always good food, not always good service, atmosphere can't be beat, inside or out