Pazzaluna Urban Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pazzaluna Urban Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 911 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th St.
Description: Italy's abundant and diverse food styles are represented and sampled throughout the year at Pazzaluna. The many culinary faces of Italy's distinct regions find their way to Pazzaluna's cucina daily. Seasonal influence is always projected, as are the artisan and craft suppliers that provide Pazzaluna with the best raw-ingredients Mother Nature has to offer. Pazzaluna is proud of its reputation of buying direct from area farmers on some of its most prized items. This style of purchasing is the TRUE ITALIAN TRATTORIA way - using local, regionally grown and produced supplies, reflecting the unique influence of the area as all of the ingredients come together in concert to perform in a dinner experience of a lifetime. To Italians, a meal is more than just food-it's an experience, an event to be shared with family and friends. No where is this more true than at Pazzaluna Urban Italian in Saint Paul, one of the Twin Cities' best Italian restaurants.
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I visit St. Paul about two times a year and always have scheduled Pazzaluna as one of my first stops for dinner. It's classy, fantastic ambiance, and superb food but, NOT this year. Upon entering with a 2001 Quilceda Creek Cab (98++ on the Parker scale), a special bottle of wine and, with a special friend, I was notified before formal greetings had finished with the receptionist that , 'We can't allow this bottle of wine in the restaurant'. I was confused but with some more queries discovered what she meant was that 'management' had created a new policy whereby no personal bottles would be allowed the traditional corkage fee- all wine had to be purchased from their cellar. Too bad. I expected to pay a handsome corkage fee for this superb bottle of wine but instead we walked down the street to Kincaids and were seated with the promise that there would be NO CORKAGE FEE on the first bottle of wine. What a GREAT policy in these tough economic times.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

After having been to Pazzaluna on one of our past visits to the Twin Cities, we went again, the menu was a delight to behold, and this time, I tried the Sirloin Diavola, pan seared medium rare, sliced & served on risotto with sundried tomatoes & chilis, drizzled with basil oil. My wife had the Handmade Gnocchi Quattro Formaggi (Four cheeses) and was equally thrilled with her dinner, and for dessert, you can't go wrong with their Tiramisu, Kahlua & espresso soaked ladyfingers with whipped mascarpone cheese. Seems that some people carp about the price being too high, I don't find that to be the case in my opinion. You get what you pay for, and I feel that the money I spend here to eat such fine food, and leave happy, is very fair.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

The restraunt was certainly one of the better Italian Restraunts I have dined in.... That includes the North End in Boston and Italy! The dishes were elegantly prepared and
tasted even better! I would highly recomend this establishment to all who appreciate
a great Italian dish.....

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I went here with friends and am gluten free so I knew my choices would be limited. The pizza and pasta entrees were reasonably priced but there was a huge chasm in prices from that to the fish and steak entrees. I knew those choices would be spendier but 39.00 dollars for sea bass with carrot puree seemed over the top even for downtown St. Paul. Service was good but the person filling the water was too attentive filling the glasses after we took 3 or 4 sips. A little overkill. I noticed many diners eating pasta so that must be their speciality. I probably wouldn't go back just b/c my choices are too limited.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

After a long day of driving on my way from Toronto to Saskatchewan, I decided to stop in St. Paul for something to eat. A short distance (5 min) off the interstate highway, I found Pazzaluna in the middle of downtown. I sat at the bar and found the atmosphere is bright and cheery, the other clients friendly, casual and informative service by the waiter, and great food for a hungry traveller. I had an olive and marinated mushroom appetizer, seafood (shrimp) pasta dish with capellini (just cooked right), and a fresh garden salad. A large bottle of San Pellegrino sparkling water - sometimes hard to find - cleansed the palate and quenched the thirst. This experience really filled the bill and is a highlight of my journey west. Richard