“Great cafe and huge portions”
Review of Keys Cafe

Keys Cafe
Ranked #51 of 902 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stopped in Key's Cafe one night for dinner during a conference in a hotel down the street. We were expecting just a hole in the wall diner, but we were pleasantly surprised. The menu was diverse and the portions were huge. I had only wanted a salad as I was not that hungry and what they brought me was immense. I could only eat 1/4 of it before I had to give up as I saved room for that awesome banana cream pie!

This is a restaurant with great food and great service. Don't pass this one by.

There are newer reviews for Keys Cafe

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Keys Cafe is one of those neighborhood restaurants that gets over-hyped by your friends. You go expecting something unique and inspiring, but leave feeling unsatisfied. This is what my dad used to call a greasy spoon restaurant ... good food ... reasonable price ... lousy atmosphere. The food at Keys is good, but its not otherworldly. The menu is the kind of breakfast and lunch fare you find in cafes and diners in cities across the country. If you happened by Keys and stopped in for a bite, you'd leave feeling satisfied. If you drive across town for a meal at this place, you'll leave wondering what all the hype is about. Average.

2  Thank STP1606
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have tried several of the Keys restaurants in the Twin Cities, and have never been let down yet! Their breakfasts are very good with excellent portions! I had the everything omelet which will leaved you stuffed, but in a pleasant way. My wife had the salmon omelette and said it was "to die for!" They serve the omelettes with fresh handmade bread toasted just right with their own signature jelly. The staff is great and makes sure your coffee/soda glass is never empty!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I live near another Keys Cafe and travel 15 minutes just to go to this location. The waiter was great with my son. The food was amazing. The only thing keeping me from rating it a 5; is that it took awhile to get our food. It was well worth the wait!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Got a cinnamon roll and hash browns and they were really big and good, could not finish it all. The wife got a pancake, it was bigger than the plate they brought it out on.