“Great Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My daughter & I ate here before a concert at the Xcel Energy Center after a recommendation from our hotel. The food was great. We started with a shrimp appetizer which we did not like, but the waiter insisted on having us switch it for something else (good service). We had the artichoke dip which was awesome! We also had the jambalaya and marsala chicken - both were excellent. They have a nice outdoor dining area looking out at the cathedral. It was an easy walk from here to the concert also.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Met up with my brother as wanted to try their beers. If you are looking for great food, not the place. Supposedly the burgers are good and so are the soups. But, for happy hour it is a nice choice. Had a sampling of their beers and appetizers which were good. They have cask and draft beer. Good.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant is crazy loud. Though to be fair it could have been the location where we were seated. It was in back of restaurant in little corner. The place was like an echo chamber. They do have outdoor seating available.. I had the Great Water Burger which was juicy and okay flavor. I had a side of cole slaw which I thought was very good. My dinner companion had a steak. He said it was okay. He liked the vegetable medley which came with the dinner alot. He doesn't like vegetables too much so this is pretty high praise. If I were to go back I would sit outside and have a beer and maybe try an appetizer,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to this restaurant recently for lunch and found the ambiance nice. Located in the old Hamm building, this is a nice atmosphere for casual dining. And, our waiter was polite and efficient.

The food? Unfortunately, this was the part of the experience that was the most surprising—and not in a good way. Had the Mediterranean salad with chicken--it was edible, but only just.

The salad was okay, but the chicken tasted as though it had been taken out of the freezer, microwaved for the minimum amount of time, and thrown onto a cold salad. It was barely warm and didn’t taste right.

Hopefully, this is not the norm; however, based on my experience, I'm reluctant to go back.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We visited Great Waters on a beautiful summer evening in perfect weather, so, of course, we ate on the patio outside. Service was quick and friendly. The beer, brewed on the premises, was high quality craft beer we've come to expect from establishments like this. I had the house pale ale while my wife had the St. Pete [sic. that's what the receipt says, but I would have guessed St. Paul?] When it proved a tad too light for her sophisticated palate, the server exchanged it for a pale ale at no extra charge. That's good service. I had the meatloaf, which was delicious and overly generous. I finished it only because I suffer from "Leningrad syndrome" and am unable to leave food on my plate if I can't take it home (we were staying in a hotel.) My wife had a cheeseburger, which was also delicious and rather too big to finish. I highly recommend the food and brew.