“Great Beer, great food”

Great Waters Brewing Company
Ranked #72 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
monticello
“Great Beer, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been here a few times before WIld games and the beer is always excellent. The food is great too.

Visited January 2013

brewster mn
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had dinner here on a Friday night--my walleye and my husband's steak were both very good, service was friendly and efficient, and prices were very reasonable. We will return.

• Visited January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good location – tasteless food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great Waters Brewing Company is conveniently located in the old Hamm Building on St Peter Street, directly behind the Landmark Center. My wife and I went there for lunch on a Saturday afternoon and got a table next to the window with a great view of the Landmark Center. The place was busy but there were a bunch of tables available.

The service was slow as they were busy and may have been short a server or two. While our server promptly took our order, he disappeared for a long time after that and we did not get any drink refills for a while (I was getting thirsty during the meal). After we finished eating a bus boy cleared our plates but we could not find our server to get the bill.

I ordered a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich, kettle chips and a cup of wild rice soup. My wife had a BLT sandwich with a cup of wild rice soup. The soup was bland and tasteless so I had to put a lot of salt and pepper in it to make it better (my wife did the same). The grilled cheese sandwich did not have much flavor as there was not a lot of cheese on it (it actually tasted like a grilled tomato sandwich). My wife’s BLT was really bad as the bacon was wet and very fatty. The fat was actually dripping off the sandwich onto her plate (part of her bread was wet from the grease). I did not care for the spicy kettle chips and should have paid $2 extra for the fries.

While the restaurant is conveniently located in downtown St Paul we will not be going back as the food was not good.

• Visited December 2012
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Nice quiet place. Great people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Loved the laid back style and great beer samples. The selection was very good for a small brew pub. Would definitely go back.

Visited October 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“St Louis ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Beer good can recommend the stout, food good value, lively and popular place, our servere Gerrard was fantastic, worth a visit

Visited October 2012