“Best Breakfast”
Review of Muffuletta Cafe

Muffuletta Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Muffuletta Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 902 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carter Avenue
Description: "Chef Matt Ellison ... showcasing some of the best local farmers and letting their beautiful Midwestern products make his contemporary cooking arguments for him." Dara Moskowitz Grumdahl - The daily-printed menu, filled with irresistible flavors and tempting aromas, is truly a feast for the senses. The wine menu is hand- picked by the Sommelier and also changes to reflect the seasonal and ethnic influences of the cuisine. - Jeremy Iggers of the Minneapolis Star Tribune describes the restaurant as "a candle-lit chef-driven bistro with an imaginative globe-trotting menu."
Reviewed June 22, 2014

One of the best breakfasts I've ever had. I ordered a simple All American Breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, potatoes) and my wife had raspberry French toast- we shared and all was excellent. I do not ever recall a first bite into an egg and thinking that it was the first time I ever tasted an egg. They support local farmers, have both inside and outside seating, and prices are a bit high for breakfast but in this case you get what you pay for...

There are newer reviews for Muffuletta Cafe

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My family ate at Muffuletta Cafe and we were disappointed with the food. It just was not worth the price. The meals are very small quanities and the crackers or bread (?) was so spicy, we did not eat it. It was decided by all of us, that we would not return for future meals. The staff was very prompt with polite service.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Sublime food and great service -- the meal you'd want to eat every day of your life if you could! Wish I had another tummy...

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Just returned from a dinner I wish I could go back and eat all over again -- absolutely nothing was less than fantastic, and everything was... sublime. The beet and cheese salad, followed by the Amish chicken and the fettucini with mussels, concluded with a SHARED portion of the flourless chocolate cake washed down with a double espresso worthy of Rome itself -- to say nothing of the thoughtfully curated wine list that allowed my husband and I to choose exactly what each of us preferred -- OMG!!! Perfect service, wonderful atmosphere, and prices that were as easily swallowed as the soup... well, to invoke a familiar expression, I definitely wanted to smoke after this extraordinary meal. It's only a 7 hour drive from Chicago to Muffuletta, and when the urge strikes for food THIS GOOD, we will simply fill up the tank and head north... IT'S WORTH EVERY MILE TO HAVE TUMMIES THIS HAPPY!!!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

A perfect dining experience. I called to make a reservation for booth 19 and the person who answered was so inviting. Parking was on the street one block from the door. We arrived fifteen minutes early and were quickly seated in our favorite booth. The warmth of the restaurant on a cold rainy April evening was not lost on us. Booth 19 is located in the rear of the restaurant near the kitchen. This booth is perfect for a quiet conversation for up to four people. Our waiter was Jennifer (JP). She was professional, prompt and real. Her comments were based on experience and pride in the food she served. As we were reviewing the menu JP delivered a dish of popcorn. It was popcorn cooked in duck fat and finished off with truffle sea salt. So delicious. In all the years we have dined here, this is a first, I hope they keep this around. Tasty, not greasy and creates excitement for the entrees. We ordered the Frito Misto appetizer. Lightly breaded shrimp, octopus and veggies with a lemon aioli. Spectacular. Then the bread & crackers with garlic spread arrived. This is the best part of eating here for me. Always so fresh and delicious. Our entrees tonight were the gnocchi with duck sausage and the Muffuletta sandwich. We had the house greens. Both entrees were excellent. This was the first time we ordered the gnocchi. We will be ordering this again. The best gnocchi in the Minnesota. The lemon tart with blackberry sauce was the perfect way to end this meal. It was JP's favorite and we trusted her. She was right. Awesome. Save room for the lemon tart is our advice.