“First Restaurant I Ever Visited In Minnie, Well I Guess St. Paul”
Review of Muffuletta Cafe

Muffuletta Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Muffuletta Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 901 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carter Avenue
Description: "Chef Matt Ellison ... showcasing some of the best local farmers and letting their beautiful Midwestern products make his contemporary cooking arguments for him." Dara Moskowitz Grumdahl - The daily-printed menu, filled with irresistible flavors and tempting aromas, is truly a feast for the senses. The wine menu is hand- picked by the Sommelier and also changes to reflect the seasonal and ethnic influences of the cuisine. - Jeremy Iggers of the Minneapolis Star Tribune describes the restaurant as "a candle-lit chef-driven bistro with an imaginative globe-trotting menu."
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My best friend took me here for the first time well over 10 years ago and it was my first impression of the foodie scene in these twin towns. I still recall the mushroom bisque I consumed that night and have been back for many more nights of bliss since.

There are newer reviews for Muffuletta Cafe

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had lunch here recently with a friend. The waiter made it a great experience. He was the perfect mix of efficiency and friendliness. The bread and seasoned spread brought before the entree were wonderful. The rest of the meal was very good but the bread/roll on both of our sandwiches was quite burnt.

The seating is a bit crowded. We were near the door and had to leave our winter coats on- was cold every time the door was opened. I used to come here years ago and remember that they are at their best in the summer. Great for outdoor dining.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food here is consistently good. They work with local farmers to source local meat, vegetables and produce. The servers are pleasant, although service can be a bit slow if the place is full, which it often is in evenings, so relax and enjoy yourself. The menu includes a host of interesting items, all of them well prepared and very tasty. The menu varies so be sure to come back frequently to experience the changes.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love their changing menu made with local ingredients. Food is fresh and interesting. Great staff and cozy atmosphere. Enjoy the patio in the summer.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The 1st time we were there we sat on the deck and had a very nice plate of cheese and olives which my daughter loved after a day at the fair. We were back again in Jan. and the deck had a lot of Christmas type decorations which were nice during the day and I suspect were lovely at night. Our relatives from out of town loved the cute neighborhood commercial district and the service and food were great. We were there early on a Saturday morning and had a table which was by the window. Food was very tasty, though protion size was a little small, but then that is good for my caloric intake. Will be back again. Well appointed table setting and menu items that are somewhat unique and tasty. The relatives were impressed with the food and restaurant. Will be back again.