“Poor service”

Pad Thai Grand Cafe
Ranked #158 of 934 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Food quality is poor & over price.
Found an item in my dish & notified the server, she didn't do anything about it.
Never going back.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Pad Thai Grand Cafe was more than I expected. As a cold and tired traveler looking for some comforting deliciousness, I struck gold. I ordered some Tom Ka Gai soup, and loved their version. Their spring rolls were fresh and crunchy, and the shrimp scallop entree had lots of great flavors and succulence. My dining buddy had a dish that was on the spicier side, and while it had a kick, it invited me back for more.

Service was great. The waitress was very pleasant and patiently helped us navigate their extensive menu. We were welcome to chat after our meal was served, maybe because it was later on a week day and they were not terribly busy.

I will definitely return on future trips to St. Paul.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Been going here for at least 8-9 years and the food is always fresh.The spring rolls in particular are the best indicator of how fresh the food is. These are made daily, only way to guarantee freshness.
My favorite dish is the sarm rodt (hot and sweet sauce) with walleye fillet. They used to have this dish with Red Snapper, but they discontinued for lack of intersest. The fish and seafood is ordered fresh daily and some fish lose their freshness sooner than others.
Pooh is the best!

1  Thank rdarud
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is my favorite Thai place in St. Paul, the chili lemongrass chicken (or whatever meat/option you add) is absolutely fantastic. Service is good, very nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Erin G
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food was o.k but nothing noteworthy. Maybe if it were closer to home and I could go there more often I would choose a better item on the menu.