“new Cosettas”

Cossetta's Italian Market & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 29 Dessert in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The new rooftop bar is really beautiful, though you will have to wait until the snow melts to enjoy it! the cafeteria has long been a family favorite. The new top floor restaurant will have to work a little harder to deserve the huge tax breaks it got from the city of St. Paul. Good, not yet great, and a little too expensive.

1  Thank StPaulite43501

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our experiences (2) have been ok but nothing to write home about. It's quite crowded at mealtimes which is a good sign I guess but we weren't blown away in any way. It's just cheap and adequate. Kind of noisy. I appreciate healthy and fresh food and this didn't seem to be either of those. But the kids love it.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The remodel of Cossetta's is beautiful! It feels like you step right into an eatery in Italy. The food varies in taste, I like the pizza the best and even that varies in taste, but I go more for the ambience of the place, the desserts and gelato. I like poking around in the Italian store too and the tarimasu is sooo good.

A stop worth checking out!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Have been a long time customer here but had a bad experience recently ordering salads to go. The server used bare hands to scoop some ingredients. When asked about using gloves, as another worker was, our young man insisted angrily that he'd washed his hands. I approached a manager upon check out, who curtly offered to re-make the salads. Not only did he not apologize for the inconvenience, he cut me off as I tried to explain my concerns (hygiene, aesthetics) with a "Sir, I made you another one, right?"
Won't be darkening those doors any time soon, much as I like their offerings

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Didn't try the restaurant, which I hear is good. I picked up pastries from the Pasticerria portion. The pastry list is extensive. Mostly Itslian and French. was not impressed with the Tiramisu. The Italian Napoleon was interesting. The Baba pastry was decent but needed more rum. Cannoli was decent but not great. Apple tart was good. Lobster tail was good with nice pastry cream. Opera cake was good. Palmiers were very good. Although I have had much better pastries on my travels, I rated this place 4 because of variety, availability of mini pastries, and the fact that they are way better than many pastry shops in Minnesota. Recommended.