“A neighborhood gem”

Cossetta's Italian Market & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 29 Dessert in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My parents began coming to Cossetta's when I was only a baby in the early '80s and it was a tiny hole-in-the-wall lunch counter. Now on every visit back home to the Cities I have to make a pilgrimage to this beloved lunch counter. The place has gotten a lot bigger and flashier which takes away some of its quaint charm, but the food is still just as good and the adjacent food store "feels like stepping into Europe" as my dad said. Whether you get a salad, a hot dish, or pizza (we had to get everything!) you can't wrong. And the mini chocolate-dipped cannolis are ridiculously yummy... love my Cossetta's and all the memories of eating there with my family over the years. I hope it's there for another century at least! :)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Cossetta's house salad is excellent. Great place for families. Just completed a major remodel and did not loose any of the historic charm.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

They have the best Italian food in MN! They just had a huge renovation and now have a sit-down restaurant, cafeteria-style restaurant, a pastery store, and a marketplace. A little bit pricey and a limited menu, but the food they do have is amazing.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The desert is ART! This style, care, taste, and creativity rivals the European patisseries! The coffee is Lowazza (strong and flavorful, similar to Illy). Amazing pizza, salads, pastas. Adorable Italian deli and specialty grocery. They serve wine and beer and create truly European experience. Many if their servers were trained in Europe. St. Paul is lucky to have this gem.

1  Thank DeanHSaintPaul
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent food and fast. I always get the pizza and the pastas are amazing. I also love the Gorgonzola salad. I will say that this is some pricy food though. My sister and I dropped $35.00 on a salad, two pieces of pizza and beverages. When you go into the dessert area you will drop even more. But oh sooo yummy!