“Very mediocre for the price.”

Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 885 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th
Tampa, Florida
“Very mediocre for the price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

All had steaks. None were cooked to our orders. Service was sketchy and inattentive. We won't be back.

• Visited June 2013
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Bayfair,

Thank you for your comments and bringing your concerns to our attention. We take our service and food seriously and strive for nothing but the best all around dining experience for our guests.

I apologize for the delayed response. As the new GM at Kincaid's I would like to personally invite you to visit Kincaid's again. Please feel free to email me at svatne@r-u-i.com and I would be happy to offer you a gift card for your return visit.

Thank you again for your comments. Again, I apologize your experience was not up to your expectations. We strive to continually improve our operations and exceed our guests expectations.

Please ask for me when you are in next. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Sheryl Vatne
svatne@r-u-i.com

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wisconsin
“You Have Eaten Here Before Even if You Haven't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant is cut out of the same mold as Mortons, RuthChris, Flemings, Capital Grill, etc, etc. If you put all of their menus together and took away the name of the restaurant you couldn't tell the difference. Steaks, expensive sides, etc. etc. You know the drill. The food was fine; the service was good but there was one glaring problem -- a wine list with no vintages on it. I expect that at Applebee's but when you are offering bottles at prices up to $250, tell us what year we're buying! Weird.

Visited May 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Change is not always a good thing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

In the past couple of years the restaurant has changed. The once delightful Kobe beef sliders have been changed to something not far from Arby's. The calamari has been turned upside down and not for the better. The wings a great, just a right amount of crunch.

They once had the best happy hour menu and prices but have since raised prices significantly and reduced selection and changed recipes. A one, two three to those of us that enjoyed this great treat. Most of the food is still good but the changes have lowered our opinion of what once was a special place. I give it three stars because of what it once was.

Visited April 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is one of the better places for seafood and steaks in st. Paul. Generally super fish, and I have heard good steak(i don't eat beef). On our last visit, my wife had a very off-tasting piece of fish, they did replace the order(after some effort), but by that time the meal was a bad experience. They offered a free future meal, but I declined

• Visited May 2012
Minneapolis, MN
“Very good food, excellent service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was my first time here, though the restaurant has been around a long time. Our server was pleasant, helpful and present, but not overbearing. The view out the window to the Landmark center is nice and it was a quiet, easily conversational sound level. Our party tried two different pasta dishes - the chicken tortellini and ravioli with veal. They were both excellent. The Caesar salad was just average, but could be so much better with freshly grated Parmesan and homemade croutons. This restaurant seems like a good place for a business dinner, but for a special occasion, I'd prefer Meritage nearby.

• Visited March 2013