“Tale of dissapointment”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had reservations for six we were on tine, but even with empty tables we were herded to the bar to wait 45 mn. When we were seated around 7;45 we tried to order salads only to fine they had no lettuce. We ordered and again waited a long tine to get our dinners at least five of six one[mine] was missing, probably the most difficult spaghetti and meatballs. When it did come it was so hot that it could not be eaten until it cooled, NUKED. There was no issue until dessert was ordered to find they were out of several items. This was not intended to be late nite dining. Our server was not at fault but she did want us to go.

2  Thank Goldfisher132

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We dined at the Trattoria da Vinci and, because Madonna was in town, it was the only restaurant where we could get a reservation before 9 pm.

While the service was very good, friendly and helpful, and the Artichoke Dip was great, the meal itself left a lot to be desired. A large portion is not equal to quality. I had the Parmesan Walleye with pasta rather than the offered risotto. The meal came out cold. The replacement had more pasta and the fish was dry. The tomato sauce was quite bland. My husband had spaghetti and meatballs with a sausage and even that was just OK.

Quite disappointing.

1  Thank fudgbug
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My teenagers like to come to this restaurant because it's slightly "fancier" than other we visit. Of course, their favorite is the pasta bar where they can pick their sauce and everything else. The portions are very generous. The waiters usually encourage half orders for our teen girls which still leaves them with leftovers. My complaint about the pasta bar is that I'd love bigger shrimp instead of the miniature salad shrimp they have. This is not a gourmet experience, just good, consistant food in a nice atmousphere.

2  Thank Julie P
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was expecting fabulous Italian and got just average Italian, maybe we went to soon after going to Scusi which is also in St. Paul. The parmesan risotto was tasteless, except for the parmesan sprinkled on top it would have been difficult to tell that it was parmesan at all, it needed lots of help! I had parmesan walleye and my husband had scallopine of veal and neither meal was anything special so we probably won't go back. I

1  Thank 7ContinentsExplored
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We dine at Trattoria da Vinci every few months and it is consistently an enjoyable experience. Tonight we started with the Artichoke Dip which was hot and well balanced. For entrees we enjoyed the Supreme Di Pollo Alla Parmigiana, the Parmesan Walleye and the Gamberoni Portofino. All were excellent! The will provide a couple more meals this week as well. This is the perfect place to celebrate or just enjoy the company of family or friends. We highly recommend it.

1  Thank 2Travel-4funNow